Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 03:44 PM

767 posts, read 1,308,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
Ergh. Like, how bad is that section?
I mean, is it just run down and poor but largely safe, or a hotbed of violent crime?

I am poor myself and am looking in poor areas, but am also a respectable citizen. I can handle run down and shabby.
I'll just say this. The only place south of Kellogg I'd ever consider even if I was paid is Derby. Even the homes on Maize Road take a dip in upkeep once you head south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 10:52 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,861,339 times
Not to belabor the query. But can you be more specific? Detailed about that section or better even, that co-op? If anyone knows.
Rundown and shabby OR unsafe and dangerous, or both?

I can no longer afford to have garden club members for neighbors and am OK with that.
I just am hoping to find a section wherein I'd be SAFE walking a dog, say, and not surrounded by violence and danger.

Sorry to be a pest about it, but am trying to rule places in/out long distance for months now and am still searching for affordable (as in low income affordable) but normal citizens with (albeit low paying) jobs and not criminals, for neighbors. Was looking in several states (online and made one recon trip to a beautiful but too remote place), KS (Wichita and Topeka, not KC) came up as way cheap for rents, also Missouri.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:27 PM

72 posts, read 293,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by empires228 View Post
Yes. If it's going for $9,000 and its zoned to Wichita Southeast it's probably not in the best part of town.
Quote:
Ergh. Like, how bad is that section?
I mean, is it just run down and poor but largely safe, or a hotbed of violent crime?

I am poor myself and am looking in poor areas, but am also a respectable citizen. I can handle run down and shabby.
Quote:
Not to belabor the query. But can you be more specific? Detailed about that section or better even, that co-op? If anyone knows.
Rundown and shabby OR unsafe and dangerous, or both?

I can no longer afford to have garden club members for neighbors and am OK with that.
I just am hoping to find a section wherein I'd be SAFE walking a dog, say, and not surrounded by violence and danger.

Sorry to be a pest about it, but am trying to rule places in/out long distance for months now and am still searching for affordable (as in low income affordable) but normal citizens with (albeit low paying) jobs and not criminals, for neighbors. Was looking in several states (online and made one recon trip to a beautiful but too remote place), KS (Wichita and Topeka, not KC) came up as way cheap for rents, also Missouri.
Yes, this is in a very bad part of town.

And for that price, I'd be very surprised if it was even livable.

Old 01-05-2016, 03:42 AM

206 posts, read 236,501 times
Section 8 and crazy are everywhere now. Cops are bad, courts are useless due to too much sex abuse ignored for too long, only way to protect yourself if you find something you don't want to deal with is leave quickly, quietly. Park City has long history of sex abuse and has been screwing new purchasers out of area for a few years now...Told they are not able to sell due to old permits even. Cops try to call some who hang on a mental case, lock them up for psych evaluation at patient's own expense to shut up complainers which causes almost all to lose employment and can go homeless, nuisance is thrown out eventually...If anything was stolen or damaged in locked up houses, some people ran off from Park City within 2-3 weeks of moving in...Not sure AT ALL why someone is still doing this except is attempt to force you to pay 10% to big churches in town to keep this away, try to leave church and your bank account can be stolen from. Speak up and some were told something bad would happen to family, some churches were telling theirs they had to go stalking people to preach to some who pissed off wealthy or getting disability or welfare...

Some who stayed here over the years and thought they could ride this out, just left with a bag on greyhound with nothing left...Screwed at multiple jobs just because you were single female alone for a few minutes in wrong place, denied unemployment more than once and lots of places are doing this to some low paid female staff every 4-6 months...

Blacks have been put back in the hood for trying just to take work, some crazy for a while for trying...their church tells them they have to screw people and their own family, messing up coworkers and employers. I hate seeing good people turned into thugs by anti-christ arrangements with wealthy white dirty business...Only blacks who were getting very far any longer were the people who would get a degree in screwing people and go with it in some places, other minority students complained about it and 'mental care' interpreted their harassment by staff at KU and Emporia. Think we are all headed for hell...Just plant yourself in a job, shut up and keep your family out of it, may have to give up to the church demands to 'work for God' and go screw people too just to keep breathing.

I think you can really see a small city that is going under do to just too much of the wrong thing going down and no stable employment any longer with adequate pay...Found some small towns with bad thug problems and dirty police too so taking a job in country if alone has ruined multiple women in some places, she is put with drug dealer/sex abuser and cops lock them up in mental hospital to shut them up...Cannot leave until he ended up in jail.

Try KC. Pick most expensive housing you can afford in South Johnson County or Lees Summit, you will be rewarded with much better school, better cops, better pay, better job stability...Is still a crazy place sometimes but if you keep quiet and work, you will at least get somewhere if you are a trained worker or have college education...KC is one tough place for some of the poor who will not even be hired to work in manufacturing, swindled for generations and forced to work minimum wage jobs like a concentration camp...If you see groups of kids harassing adults, do not speak up as you witness - gang stalking. You may be harmed if you remain in this neighborhood alone very long.

This is not about ghetto, it's about corruption. Speak up and you get forcibly shut up. Some blacks have complained they lost a lot with this black President and they are told not to even speak up (like elders having to deal with mental illness symptoms now). You are witnessing the erosion of civil rights and silence brought on by fear of the mafia/corruption the special interest groups and politicians bring to the constituents.

Old 01-05-2016, 03:49 AM

206 posts, read 236,501 times
Derby treats some people wrong if you are native Wichitan from poorer areas. See if you get chewed out by the people at stores, public officials and public servants, even if you have a good job and minding your own business....There is worse wrong sometimes in Derby for some women who tried to live there alone....Rent in Derby first. Some of the peoples really are a fake one too with good jobs from the airplane plants...If you have any professional business in the area can get kind of hard without finding whose ass to kiss first as these are so unstable, even professional workers. There are all kinds of wrong things trying to claim Derby resident's $$$, caution advised if you have anything riding on business in this suburb...It's a screwed up place for some.

Seen similar mistreatment of others for years in Derby.

Last edited by KS101; 01-05-2016 at 04:19 AM..

Old 07-26-2016, 09:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,996 times
My children and I are traveling there for a tournament in August. The locations are Benton and Bel Aire. Are these considered safer areas. Also is there a suggestion for a hotel in a safe are? Thanks in advance!

Old 07-27-2016, 10:14 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,406,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtrapt View Post
My children and I are traveling there for a tournament in August. The locations are Benton and Bel Aire. Are these considered safer areas. Also is there a suggestion for a hotel in a safe are? Thanks in advance!
Nothing to worry about. Look at your mapquest for motels/hotels. Many are on Rock Road near Bel Aire. What kind of tournament? Benton has a little airport called Stearman, named for the airplane. You can watch plans take off from their restaurant. Good food too.

Old 08-18-2016, 08:09 PM

2 posts, read 3,577 times
I will be traveling to Wichita and will be on e 47th S and North Market, are these acceptable places or reasonably safe areas?

Old 08-19-2016, 08:52 AM

55 posts, read 61,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysh View Post
I will be traveling to Wichita and will be on e 47th S and North Market, are these acceptable places or reasonably safe areas?
Staying in that area?

Rental?
Apt?
Work?

Old 08-19-2016, 08:13 PM

2 posts, read 3,577 times
Staying the one night on E 47th S and have a business meeting on North Market
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita