U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 08-15-2007, 07:53 AM

3 posts, read 5,612 times
Default Thinking of moving to Park City

What does anyone know about Park City Kansas? Crime, housing, etc...is it a dieing town or booming. The only research I have found on the net is that it was the home to BTK...who is (was) that? How about taxes?
We are thinking of moving from Ok. to Ks. and are trying to compare to see if it is worth the move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-15-2007, 01:51 PM

89 posts, read 285,048 times
Park City was home to the BTK killer. "Blind, Torture, Kill."

I've never heard anyone gripe much about Park City, but think there are prettier parts of the state. Further East is really gorgeous, IMHO.

Why did you pick Park City?

Unread 08-22-2007, 09:33 PM

2 posts, read 5,533 times
Wink Park City

Quote:
Originally Posted by artnspires View Post
What does anyone know about Park City Kansas? Crime, housing, etc...is it a dieing town or booming. The only research I have found on the net is that it was the home to BTK...who is (was) that? How about taxes?
We are thinking of moving from Ok. to Ks. and are trying to compare to see if it is worth the move.
Park City is a suburb of Wichita. We live in Park City, because we found a great house here, but....in retrospect, I'd have gone further east in Wichita, or in the suburb of Andover. Park City has the nickname by some who live around here as "Trailer Park City". The majority of the homes are small wooden homes, but there are also some new neighborhoods with nicer homes. I guess it all depends on what you have to spend.

Yes, Park City is home to BTK and if you don't know who that is, you probably will be just fine here. lol He's in jail...forever, so no worries. I can't believe you don't know who that is, but then again, since I live in P.C. with all the media coverage here, of course I know but I think the rest of the U.S. had it's fair share of coverage on him too. He was a serial killer, akin to the likes of Jeffrey Dahmer, etc...

There are many nice places in Wichita to live. Park City would be one of my last choices.

Unread 08-25-2007, 11:00 AM

2 posts, read 4,273 times
I lived in Park City for about 5 years and my parents are still there. I actually didn't mind Park City. There isn't much there but it's still relatively close to Wichita so it wasn't out of the way to go there.

Quote:
"Trailer Park City"
Lol...I've never heard it called that.

I wouldn't say Park City is dying at all. I think it's slowly growing.

Unread 12-21-2007, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,044 times
Default Imagine the Possibilities

Even though Park City has had some bad luck with BTK, Wild West World and a proposed arena, Park City is alive and growing; more than 25% since 2000. There are new business and industry making Park City home, and many new families moving in. The library has just announced fund raising for a new library; an expansion from 6000 to 17000 sq. ft. We offer wireless Internet access, public Internet access computers, story hours, summer reading, words on wheels book delivery. We've experienced un-paralleled growth in the library in all phases of operations, including new registrations, circulation, Interlibrary Loan, Children's and adult program attendance. Park City is a great place to live. Watch us grow! Imagine the Possibilities!

Unread 12-21-2007, 06:52 PM

16,250 posts, read 10,384,831 times
I would not choose it as a place to live if you can choose elsewhere. It is not terrible or anything but it is a kind of lower middle class suburn with quite small clapboard houses that are really smaller than most doublewides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita