Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 04:09 PM

37 posts, read 220,696 times

Advertisements

There are not a lot of apartment options in Wichita. Case and Associates has a monopoly on some of the city's nicer properties. However, you should try to avoid them if at all possible. I've prepared a little helpful search to help you get up to speed on the background of this company. Click here to see the results.

I also want to fill you in on my experiences having lived in 3 different Case and associates communities in Wichita.

#1. SilverSprings
When I was young, poor, and putting myself through college I moved to SilverSprings. It's not the nicest place, but it was affordable and seemed decent. Unfortunately, the place was full of trashy people. Not saying I was better than these people, but it gets old living in a place full of people sit around and drink beer and do drugs all day. My apartment also had some issues with the sewage and it was just nasty. The managers said they couldn't fix it and I would have to deal with it. I couldn't "deal with it" so I decided to move when my lease was up.

#2. Crowne Chase
I moved here to try to upgrade my living situation. These were supposed to be newer nicer apartments. It turns out I was better off at Silver Springs apartments. From day one the managers at this place were the absolute worst. I had a major infestation with beetles in my apartment that surfaced shortly after I moved in. The managers did very little to resolve the problem. In fact, I ended up explaining the same problem to 4 different managers during my 6 month lease because they kept getting fired or quitting.

It turns out the bug problem was due to faulty installation of the fireplace flashing. They admitted it was a problem with multiple ground floor units but said they could not fix it without ripping out the fireplace. So I just had to deal with a constant stream of bugs infesting what was supposed to be a nice new apartment.

People at Crowne Chase like to party. More so than when I was at SilverSprings. I like to party, but I don't do it in my apartment. I go out and my home is supposted to be a nice quiet place to relax. I though I was moving into a community with young professionals like myself at Crowne Chase. It turns out that it was just a bunch of hockey players and college students that don't have to get up early in the morning. Every night in the summer people hang out and drink beer, smoke, and play guitar on their patios until 3:00 AM. And the police are called into the complex on a regular basis for various domestic disturbances.

Crime was another big problem at Crowne Chase. Multiple people in my building had their car broken into at least once. Some people had even had their car broken into multiple times (myself included). They even took the rims off of one guys car and left it setting right there in the parking lot on the rotors. The whole complex is poorly lit at night and has easy access to side streets for a quick get-a-way. It just invites criminal activity. Not to mention the whole area at Central and Ridge is just going downhill.

#3. Huntington Park
I moved here to get away from the declining Central and Ridge area where Silver Springs and Crowne Chase were located. The properly was not owned by Case and Associates and it was very apparent as the management really took care of the residents.

I lived here for a few years and started to have some problems with my apartment. I went to the manager to get it resolved and they told me the complex was being sold to Case and Associates in a week and I would have to take it up with them. Perfect. I already had 2 bad experiences with their customer service and it would become 3 after they took over this complex.

Apparently these apartments have developed some structural issues as they have been aging. My apartment began to have MAJOR problems with the ceiling caving and it was causing a lot of noise problems from the wood decaying. Every time my neighbor would take a step it would squeak, creek, and crack. It became worse than any other apartment I have ever lived in. It literally sounds like an old wooden house built in the 1920's.

Case & Associates first denied the problem, but later admitted to the issue. They didn't do much to make my life easy. Finally, they decided to "let me sign a new lease in a new unit". Turns out I had to pay a new application fee and deposit of $150 to transfer within the same complex. To make matters worse, they moved me into another defective unit.

When I complained about the time and expense that I went through to move to another defective apartment they told me "Get used to noise, it's an apartment". They also told me "You can move when your lease is up. We have a long waiting list of people waiting to move in here."

Huntington Park has had 4 managers in the last 5 months. One of them only lasted 2 days. Another was where for a little over a week. I got tired of explaining my issue to each new manager so I called the Case and Associates corporate properly manager. I have left her two messages in the last month and have not received a call back.

Many long time residents are leaving and it's obvious that Case and Associates has lower resident standards. The riffraff is invading this complex and it's starting to become an issue with trashy people moving in here. And by trashy I mean having parties by the pool all night. Tossing beer bottles and other trash in the parking lot. Speeding motorcycles flying through here all hours of the night.

It's really clear that Case and Associates does not care about customer service or maintaining long term relationships with residents.

If you want a nice quiet place to live you shouldn't move anywhere where you see the red Case & Associates sign.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:40 PM

37 posts, read 220,696 times
UPDATE: They found my posts online and did not like what I had to say. Therefore, they are forcing me to move out. Yes I, a longtime paying resident am being kicked out of here because they were not doing their job. Read what I have said and been through and tell me that you wouldn't be as upset as I am. This is how they treat residents. I would have been happy to stay if they were doing their job. This is how they respond to criticism. Not by resolving problems, but rather by silencing them. This is CASE and ASSOCIATES. This is how they operate.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:38 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,263,769 times
Thank you. Apartment management companies around here seem more like slumlords. They just want the monthly check and don't care about the tennants.

I don't know if it was owned by Case & Associates but I lived in Horizons East Apartments at Rock & Central for a short time while my family was waiting for our house to be built. I wouldn't wish that experience on my worst enemy. ROACHES...ROACHES EVERYWHERE!!!!! My wife still has flashbacks from living in what she describes as "Joe's Apartement". When you move it it's not obvious right away that there is a problem....not until you sign the papers, pay to get all your stuff moved in, stock the fridge and pantry with food, and get your family settled. Then the roaches start coming out of everywhere.

While we were living there, there were also SEVERAL APARTMENT FIRES caused by OLD FAULTY ELECTRICAL SYSTEM! The apartment across the hall from ours caught fire and the manager called my wife when she was on her way back from dropping our kids off at school and told her it was our apartment! I suppose it could have been if the one across the hall got out of control.

When people tell me they are coming here to live I do my best to steer them away from these disaster apartments. I'll add Case & Associates owned apartments to the list. If management from these apartments are reading this, you should be ashamed of yourselves. ASHAMED!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:01 AM

16 posts, read 24,964 times
Try Weigand Omega. They are a good company.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:33 AM

1 posts, read 5,372 times
goaliefight.
We were just made aware of this post. We realize this was more than a year ago; however, we feel compelled to respond. We do apologize for your negative experience at 3 different Case communities. We assure you that we are taking this feedback seriously and are implementing changes and enhancing policies to improve our company's and employee's customer services skills. We appreciate your feedback. Always feel free to contact us!

Case and Associates Management Team
Ph. 918-492-1983
Hours. Mon-Fri from 8a.m.-5p.m.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:28 PM

2 posts, read 5,712 times
I can agree to this post. I have been renting since 2006 and have never had an issue with a landlord. However, Case & Associates continuously amazes me by the unprofessionalism. I reccomend avoiding this management team even if it does mean not receiving the flashy amenities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita