Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2017, 08:35 PM

26 posts, read 50,912 times

Advertisements

In St. Louis, you can avoid the crime. On paper, St. Louis looks scary. Once you know the area, it is fine. Sure there are parts you have to avoid. Is Wichita like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 07:47 PM

13 posts, read 20,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering53 View Post
In St. Louis, you can avoid the crime. On paper, St. Louis looks scary. Once you know the area, it is fine. Sure there are parts you have to avoid. Is Wichita like this?
I think every city in the country is like that. They all have pockets of crime and they all have pockets with not so much crime. However, no where is immune to crime.

Old 01-15-2017, 03:19 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,334,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern89 View Post
I think every city in the country is like that. They all have pockets of crime and they all have pockets with not so much crime. However, no where is immune to crime.
It depends. Like here in Florida crime is spread out all over it seems. Cities like St. Louis it's more focused on just certain sections of St. Louis county and city.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:25 PM

40 posts, read 44,382 times
Keep in mind St.Louis City is an independent city and is land lock and until those high rate of homicides go down St.Louis City will continue to be #1 for homicide rates or guarantee in the top 5 unlike Wichita isn't landlocked.. I guess in a way can sort of compare Wichita to St.Louis City since its population is around 320,000. Wichita is about 390,000 you add the entire region of Wichita its close 700,000 while the entire region of St.Louis is near 3 Million so theres no real comparison there.. St.Louis was caught growing way to fast and then bombed out.. The stark differences between Wichita and St.Louis is that St.Louis is far more urban and the inner urban is mostly brick..While Wichita is seeing good investment St.Louis City is seeing a possible unprecedented building boom if you don't believe me check out all the developments in the city itself thats happening nearly 3-4 billion thats if all those projects do get built the downtown is starting to see more investment even the crime ridden north area is seeing its own potential boom..
You can either say a City like St.Louis is either deserving of all the negative press or not deserving in all they're really trying to fix St.Louis however before St.Louis can truly prosper all the 90 municipality either need to consolidate or become one St.Louis which i doubt will ever happen...
Anyways St.Louis is a beautiful rugged friendly city eventually i hope the city can find a way to get the rate of homicides down cause that does really reek havoc on image of any city...
By the way Wichita is a beautiful city itself...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
View detailed profiles of: