Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 12:18 AM

473 posts, read 502,232 times

Advertisements

Shockingly bad medical care here in Wichita...Two hospital chain choices hiring weirdo employees with foul mouth and filthy premises. Rest of DRs offices joined two chains and just TERRIBLE results, a few bad doctors or rude employees just ruin the whole place for some customers.

Recently had older family member pass away and doctors DIDN'T even realize what was WRONG with him until he was on death-bed and this was after 18 months of bad care. Can't somebody just do a flipping lab TEST and figure out something basic? NO! Most of the people in Wichita who get second occurrence of cancers and such have to move to KC to survive it as there are more hospital choices and many more doctor's chains.

Wichita YMCAs screw many Wichitans out of exercising until they are wheelchair bound with teens running a theft and vandalism racket out of the place for two decades while management and employees ignored it. Many parts of Wichita just got too bad to walk around the community, you get weirdos bothering you and followed home sometimes.

Is just unhealthy spot...Flat out BAD MEDICAL CARE. Unhealthy place....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 07:26 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Yet I'll bet if you're a worker at one of those places and someone doesn't like you they'll fire your hindquarters in a New York minute. Oh yeah, the medical industry is a pot of stew that you've never tasted before. Be fortunate if you get a place with a heart and a brain at one time.

Old 08-05-2017, 09:34 AM
Status: "In the words of Steve Winwood, Roll With It!" (set 28 days ago)

296 posts, read 217,507 times
For a multitude of reasons, I will say Via Christi SUCKS!

I hope I'm shot dead in a store robbery before I ever have to be at their mercy!

Old 08-09-2017, 09:40 AM

697 posts, read 1,775,543 times
I work at multiple hospitals in the area and see both the best and worst in each facility. Just keep in mind one bad nurse or one rude doctor does not represent an entire facility, and don't be afraid to speak up for yourself or your loved ones.

As for the physical activity, Wichita has a pretty robust path network and lots of parks. I have never had a shortage of places to run near where I live in the city (or when I'm downtown) but if you want to run in an area where you won't see another person or have to potentially pass a homeless person occasionally, living in a city of any size isn't for you. Not sure I understand the criticism of the Ys either, the facilities here are literally some of the nicest in the country. Staff can vary, of course.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:42 AM

374 posts, read 562,945 times
Default RE: Wichita Medical Care

@ cattalk1

please help me to decide on something. You joined in March '16, & have 459 posts, read 172,818 times with a Reputation: 324

The only posts I've seen of yours have been what some might call "- rants." Could you link me to a post where you had something positive to comment? THANX

RE: Wichita Medical Care

I was born @ Wesley in 1953. Went there in a diabetic coma in 1964. No available beds in children's ward; so was placed on a gurney & surrounded by white screens in the hallway. Came out of coma 3 days later. Everything was a soft, glowing white. I lay there thinking I had gone to heaven. Then, I came to the conclusion that you don't wet the bed in heaven. A nurse soon checked on me. I guess, I should have a lifetime grudge over being abandoned in a hallway for 3 days.

I spent several ~ week stays in Wesley over the years. I've never been a patient at any other Wichita hospital. Have you tried the new Kansas Medical Center in Andover?

While we lived in McPherson, 86-92, I went to Vitreo-Retinal Consultants, N 530 Lorraine. Dr. Leslie Naismith (grandson of that Naismith) operated on my R. eye in 1978; saving my vision. He died flying his airplane to bring sight-saving care to clinics in W. KS. The surgery was sight-limiting & I passed on my L eye (removed in 2002, in Wichita, although we live in Manhattan; now on my 2nd prosthetic made by Jim Henthorn Ocular Prosthetics, S. Hillside). I should have a lifetime grudge over my doctors letting me make the decision not to have surgery on L eye.

I have outlived another of my Wichita doctors. Dr. Ray Cook was WSU football team physician & student health resident when I first met him. He treated me @ Wesley in 1981. I should have a lifetime grudge that Dr. Cook prescribed tetracycline for my acne, and it stained my teeth!

As for Via Christi => they own Manhattan's hospital. I had cardiac recovery there in 2115. Have used the ER several times over the last 25 years. Suppose I should have a lifetime grudge that my helicopter flight from Manhattan to Topeka was in the dark @ 1 a.m.?

Old 08-13-2017, 01:44 PM

KS IN REAR VIEW: Just not possible right now. Just got screwed out of house in small town by some kind of scam on rehabbing housing and leaving the electrical dangerous. Cannot get good contractor to call within 90 miles. Is not uncommon in country have to bring in own contractor/laborer sometimes. Lost more than my annual income and unlikely to recover it...This is try 6 to leave by the way.

Know what happened to the others I watched ruined during my good years here in 20s with BA degree, 13 years of employment and self support...WICHITA IS ALL YOURS IF YOU WANT IT. Bring your retirement money, will go through it EARLY many times being screwed as unemployment is usually denied around here. Lots of employers had to hire back a crazy they fired, whole workplace is about abusing new low paid female employees hiring every 4-6 months and getting victim screwed out of unemployment. This is how some pick up relationships here...

Cannot move from Wichita if you run into wrong thing here due to long-term mental abuse (every waking moment medicated or not) lasting decade+ causes the poorer ones around you to go crazy. KC's well employed are told they may be killed for remaining unless you take a local for relationship....Boss' husband who was paramedic told me to leave and confirmed the gun is left at scene, cops call these a suicide. Lady and her babies died while I lived there, didn't make it a week. Sister had been killed same way a few years before -- this is a 'met the wrong thing' problem with KC. If you get threatened by group of kids (don't speak back) or have someone talking threateningly to you, KC won't be safe for you... Wichita has it's own VERY THREATENING TARGETED CRIMES ON WOMEN and families too...

Met others who left Wichita 5+ times and returned ruined after being run away from several little towns in KS due to dirty business they don't want to deal with and dirty cops...Keep mouth shut and just work doesn't protect you either...

***WANT TO LEAVE WICHITA?*** Have to move to friend's back room if you want to leave Wichita so you won't be victimized or screwed. Can take job in small town and cops allow the methie to attack you, get you considered crazy, use your welfare benefits and cops lock you up in mental hospital on medicaid for complaining/trying to leave. This is regular scam in one place with many victims. SOME COUPLES CAN LEAVE HERE AS TWO PEOPLE GET THROUGH BAD SITUATIONS BETTER THAN SINGLE, ESPECIALLY FEMALES. BUT WICHITA HAS PRODUCED A TON OF WIFE-BEATER RELATIONSHIPS AND INCEST SITUATIONS GETTING WOMEN FROM HERE, RAN OFF WITH STRANGER, MOVED ELSEWHERE TO ISOLATION AND USED "HARD". SO RUNNING AWAY FROM THIS WITH STRANGER WILL GET YOU HARMED AS SO MANY MALES IN WICHITA ARE JUST NUTS.

Vandalizing new people to small KS town and cops won't keep the town nuts off new women can happen too...Screwed by small town jobs is other option.

Can find some VERY THREATENING STUFF IN Wichita like a violent Mr. Cosby situation for 30 years and cops/courts/mental care that ruined the women. This wealthy can go whoring/vandal full-time and get on airplane to harm for many years later. Some still service this 30 years later as concubines, provide new victims and vandals to new ones. Lots of the males here are not very okay and will ruin coworkers/family, poorer end up forced into relationships that will harm the children and restraining order court is so bad the babies do end up dead and mom locked up for good for 'staying with that awful man' when she had no way to leave. Cops refuse to help/attorneys won't give advice to these women even to get restraining order when you met someone who won't leave you alone & you don't want any.

Move to Wichita suburb and buy existing housing, cops were screwing these out in 1-2 weeks. Been hundreds of victims and ACLU doesn't want it. Was good neighborhood too...

Business networking has been screwing out/BLACKBALL the REALLY talented normals and putting in their own people, even doing this to people who served on Board very well..threats of harm if they find you working here and can be screwed all the way to national level if you run into these people again. Office work is so low paid/low staff, is law suit possible for $9 job. Coleman pays $8 to assemble furnaces too...Only the airplane plants are paying good wage at $25/no experience but have been leaving to pay $15/OKC or $12/KC.

Last edited by cattalk1; 08-13-2017 at 02:32 PM..

Old 08-13-2017, 01:57 PM

Watch your care of elders or frail. Been mistreated at different hospitals like left on floor after falls just due to bad care on shift or bad ward manager. Word on street was this is just how lower income/retired are treated, plus identity theft from some bad staff at hospital. Some thought their family members put down as next of kin were targeted for ID theft if they listed them...Some of the blacks back in 80s/90s would not list next of kin if they needed Wichita hospitals and just take cab/bus when they left hospitals to protect family. Family would be harassed for picking up some patients and maybe worse done.

May be mistreated at one hospital and old fart refuses to use the DR for a while...COMPLETELY HAD LAB WORK AND diagnostics from hospital stay held for month so no way to make informed med care...Parent was too sick to survive that long. Is totally possible the hospital staff will choose to put someone older down due to bad DR care & overdose of meds causing kidney failure or heart attack. Is legal to terminate elders according to Obama care. Think it's being covered up and wondered this multiple times.

***Explains why most of the parents REFUSE to leave a child alone in hospital and some families are scheduling theirs own family/friends to remain with hospitalized adults to make sure nothing goes wrong with care. Was question to ask your family member if he/she felt 'comfortable in this place alone', especially when they hit ICU as just too fragile alone. Questioned everything done by staff...Trach tubes can easily be smothered, was like local termination protocol in one spot. Is easy to OD someone fragile and kidney failure shows. *I'm just the adult child here so I don't know anything as I complained ALONG the whole way but doctor wouldn't honor my requests anyway.***

Noted HUGE shift to use TONS of drugs on some old folks instead of just heart stints, by pass or pace maker. This could lead to the OD ...Is trend to watch for and ask for regular labs to monitor your elder/fragile for kidney or liver. Rest of lab was withheld sometimes, need WHOLE lab panel to monitor yours.

With sex come-ons from staff, Wesley Children's Hospital needs supervising as just scaring rape victims or unwilling mistresses doesn't make the kind of place I would want my children treated....After my surgery, guy with legs amputated following accident lay beside me in recovery and staff told him he 'would have to work to have a car around here. That's why this happened'. Did I mention a lot of the mentally unstable psychopathic types were forced into medical work in Wichita by the powers that be?

Regular MD involved left Via Christi and ran off...leaving medical records hard to recover...Really hard to coordinate care here so need to be INFORMED consumer so you get every medical test, FULL blood panels, medical records if cannot understand foreign doctor or doctor was off....SECOND OPINION CITY WARNING! Wait until sick enough to need hospitals in Wichita may kill if left to go until gangrene or 'trouble breathing'.

Sorry so long but gives you the good view of things from others points of view...many were ruined financially in Wichita so could reach this point eventually. Some attorneys and mental care refer to some people as animals/creatures to use and provide no legal support even if you can pay....

Last edited by cattalk1; 08-13-2017 at 02:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita