U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 07:04 AM

271 posts, read 76,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modron View Post
You don't think she's a person who considers herself a good Christian. I'm sure she's "pro-life," too, which is highly consistent with being glad someone's had the "life sucked out of them." It's Kansas, athfo, the first thing you can count on is that the author of that post is a good, God-fearing Pro-Life Christian who wishes - if you're a liberal - that your momma would have aborted you - because - afterall - God loves her, but hates you.
Aint that the truth, Christians love you if you agree with them and think like them. But just tell them you are an atheist or agnostic and you are from the devil. Renounce atheism and become a BAC and they will fall all over you, There is an old cartoon that I love, it shows two lines one going to heaven one to hell, the one to hell had free thinkers, and atheists and agnostics, the one to heaven had murders, pedophiles, rapists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 07:55 AM

10,569 posts, read 11,907,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goaliefight View Post
Not Denver - I need it to be warm in the winter. I will looking into New Mexico.

My other requirement is that there is a minor league hockey team and a place to play recreational hockey.
You might actually be surprised if you looked into the Denver climate. For 2/10, the average high (according to Weather.com) for Wichita is 46. Today's average high in Denver is 49. And with the lower humidity in Denver, the cold feels better, plus at this altitude, the sun really warms you up.

I grew up in KC and know the misconceptions about Denver's climate. I'd take a Denver winter over a KC winter because Denver gets very warm days during winter where you can wear shorts, whereas it's rare in KC. Our warmest day this year in January was a high of 71, with a good number of days in the 50s and 60s. So far this month our highs have been starting on the first: 45, 53, 56, 66, 68, 62, 55, 48, and 54 yesterday.

People tend to think Denver has the same climate as Buffalo, Chicago, and Minneapolis. Not even close to the truth. We have no snow on the ground (winter is our driest time of year) and while heavy snows can happen in Spring and Fall, they melt in a day or two and then it's warm again. Pluse the summers don't have oppressive humidity and all the bugs. And it's liberal.

One more thing- plenty of places to play indoor hockey here too.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:59 AM

6,042 posts, read 6,402,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goaliefight View Post
Conservative oppressors have sucked all the life out of me.
So that's what that giant sucking sound was ! Not jobs going overseas but but the mean and nasty conservatives making a meal out of your life. Just click your heels together three times and say "There's no place like home"

Old 02-10-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Strange conservative politics was one of many reasons I left Kansas. Are you saying that Brownback IS running for governor? Hopefully, a good "qualified" candidate will run against him. Nothing is worse than a hypocritical, neo-conservative, socially conservative, and moralistic ideologue.
Kansas has done plenty of things to make outsiders feel very weary about moving there
That's a lot of the reason I left my home state too. Plus I'm gay, so it just isn't a place I feel comfortable living. And on top of that, my partner and I have children. Colorado recognizes same sex parents, whereas KS is hostile toward families like ours.

Brownback is a whack job. That would be scary to see him as governor

Old 02-10-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Jhwk View Post
Or move to Lawrence, KS! A lot of liberals there and the best 4 years of my life!
I returned to KS for 3 years to finish school at KU and have to agree, Lawrence is a great town. The only place I'd remotely consider living in Kansas.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:23 PM

107 posts, read 301,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbet View Post
There is an old cartoon that I love, it shows two lines one going to heaven one to hell, the one to hell had free thinkers, and atheists and agnostics, the one to heaven had murders, pedophiles, rapists.

Was it Mark Twain who said, "I prefer Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company?"

Old 02-10-2009, 12:48 PM

6,042 posts, read 6,402,444 times
I heard this saying a few times from folks at work.
"If you're under 40 and you aren't liberal, you have no heart,
if you're over 40 and aren't conservative, you have no brain"

Old 02-10-2009, 02:20 PM

4,305 posts, read 6,608,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I heard this saying a few times from folks at work.
"If you're under 40 and you aren't liberal, you have no heart,
if you're over 40 and aren't conservative, you have no brain"
I guess I was heartless at 20 and am now brainless at 40.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:58 PM

5,893 posts, read 4,883,791 times
The area around Wichita to Salina just a 60? mile drive has more religious schools than any where in state . albeit some of them are from progressive Churches like maybe Quaker ?

Old 02-10-2009, 06:10 PM

271 posts, read 76,427 times
We cant afford religion anymore. To many have died trying to push it off on the reste of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita