Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2009, 01:09 PM

14 posts, read 72,411 times

Advertisements

Well,

We are finally getting the last of our stuff moved to Wichita. We are in an apartment in northeast Wichita until we (hopefully soon) sell our house in St. Louis. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any dog parks in the area? My dog Savannah is used to having a large open back yard to run in, and now she will not have that for a while.

Thanks everyone for your comments. They have all been very helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 02:05 PM

378 posts, read 1,618,041 times
There is currently a private dog park called the Pup Park, which is part of the Chisholm Pet Resort in Park City, but it is very expensive.

Dog parks are currently planned for the following:

the new Kansas Humane Society facility at K-96 and Hillside (currently under construction)
Meridian Park near 21st & Amidon
WB Harrison Park near Harry & Webb
Grove Park at Grove & 27th
Planeview Park on Oliver between George Washington and 31st

Your best bet would probably be the Kansas Humane Society dog park, as the facility is nearing completion.

Also, Sedgwick County Park is very large, and while it isn't a dog park, dog owners often take their dogs there.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:03 PM

266 posts, read 829,986 times
I've been in the Wichita area and had dogs here for years. There aren't any no-leash public parks that I know of. There are some private doggie daycare businesses where a dog can go spend the day. I'd tell you the one I use, but -probably- a bunch of people would hollar at me because the dogs have TONS of fun there, but it's not the perfectly neat and tidy place. (To me the dogs' enjoyment is most important. I just don't want to be called names on the forum.) I don't know what areas on the NE side are available to walk dogs. On the west side there's Sedgwick County Park. It's a nice park with well-paved paths, but leashes are required. (I had one dog I trusted off leash there. Running around with him was fun.) There are parks in the downtown area - Riverside Park where walking the dog is fun, although I haven't done that in awhile. It's also not close to the NE side.

I know what it's like to have dogs stuck inside for long periods; it's no fun for anyone. Best of luck to you finding a place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluede78 View Post
Well,

We are finally getting the last of our stuff moved to Wichita. We are in an apartment in northeast Wichita until we (hopefully soon) sell our house in St. Louis. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any dog parks in the area? My dog Savannah is used to having a large open back yard to run in, and now she will not have that for a while.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 5,837 times
Default no dog parks here in wichita yet

In response to you asking if there are any dog parks in Wichita, Nope. But they keep talking about it. The city will just talk about it for a very long time and maybe in a year or so they will build a dog park, But you are welcome to take your dog to the downtown midtown park...that is where everybody goes...as long as you keep your dog on a leash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluede78 View Post
Well,

Old 10-01-2009, 11:07 AM

378 posts, read 1,618,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmeeks24 View Post
In response to you asking if there are any dog parks in Wichita, Nope. But they keep talking about it. The city will just talk about it for a very long time and maybe in a year or so they will build a dog park
Hmm.

That must be why the Chapin Dog Park will open in mid-October...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita