Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 09:24 PM

1,368 posts, read 3,217,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kychlo View Post
Agreed 100% Lisan23! I'm from Williston and currently work for an oilfield trucking company. I get so tired of hearing people complain about this place. If you don't like it....go away. Not saying that the previous posts were really that bad, but it does get old.

A friend of mine came upon the scene of a pickup stuck in a snowbank within the city limits of Williston last week. Someone else was already pulled over and trying to drive the guys truck FOR HIM out of the snowbank. The guy was from Houston and bitched and moaned to my buddy for 10 minutes about the S$#T HOLE and wondering if this was F'N canada and so on and so on. My friend finally asked where he was from. When the guy said Houston, my buddy said. Good luck finding your way back and walked away. Now not everyone has this bad of an attitude about this craphole but it does really wear on us "locals".
+1 on this. If Houston was so great and wonderful, what are you doing in North Dakota? I've turned down moving to Houston plenty of times for a lot more money and will gladly do so for the rest of my natural life. I'm not in love with North Dakota, being from Montana (sorry), but I'm not going to call a town of 12,000 people a craphole. North Dakota has a lot to offer if you give it a chance. There's far worse places to be, like Houston, Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 03:52 PM

559 posts, read 1,466,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat2k View Post
+1 on this. If Houston was so great and wonderful, what are you doing in North Dakota? I've turned down moving to Houston plenty of times for a lot more money and will gladly do so for the rest of my natural life. I'm not in love with North Dakota, being from Montana (sorry), but I'm not going to call a town of 12,000 people a craphole. North Dakota has a lot to offer if you give it a chance. There's far worse places to be, like Houston, Texas.

I was born in Houston and I'm from Texas and I totally think the whole state of ND is a craphole but I definitely wouldn't be saying all that to someone who was trying to help me out. And, I agree, I don't really like Houston all that much but I definitely don't love ND. I don't really think there's a lot to offer to me personally but come on, people. Don't rag on someone who is trying to help you out! That's just rude. I only post my personal opinions about ND suckage on this forum anonymously

Old 12-22-2010, 07:04 PM

471 posts, read 825,874 times
I guess the moral of this story of a lack of housing is to drag your own up behind a pickup in the form of a camper trailer. Are there places to park them with electric & water?

Old 03-21-2011, 08:59 AM

4 posts, read 9,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymn View Post
My boyfriend moved up there hoping to drive truck but then he took the first job he was offered cause you just never know. But I like your story I had to chuckle when you first said he didn't realize he was going to have to chain up all the time......some people these days and common sense. My boyfriend also said that the trailer they are living in was put up there less then 6th months ago and already has 3 cracks along the ceiling and walls.......not a good sign. all this housing going up so fast makes a person nervous to buy cause you don't know about the quality of it. they are more concered most of the time to get as many up as they can instead of quality.
I'm thinking about buying a trailer from Williston, but I don't want to waste my money on junk that falls apart in 5 years. Does your boyfriend know who built it? There seems to be a lot of companies building trailers out of Williston. I want one that will hold up through many, many ND winters.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:05 AM

979 posts, read 3,669,286 times
Eagle07, actually, I don't think there are any trailer manufacturers from Williston. (if you are talking about camping trailers)...those are all manufactured out in Wisconsin, Indiana, Nebraska, etc... I believe. The way to find a good trailer, is to work with a dealer in the MIDWEST versus down south where the winters climates are mild. A Midwest dealer would have the information about what trailers could withstand our harsh winters up here.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:48 PM

4 posts, read 9,998 times
Roloff1976, actually, I was talking about modular homes or trailer houses. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,537 times
There are no apartments right now.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:17 AM

Eagle07...modular and trailer homes are manufactured out of state as well, but usually come from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana. They do meet required building codes, etc... but yes, some are of lesser quality than others...some look just like houses. I know people who have bought the modular homes and had them moved in and put on basements...they look just like stick built, but then there are others that look like lower end trailer homes. I guess it depends on how much you pay. And do your homework on how they are built, and the quality of work that goes into them as far as cupboards, types of walls, flooring, etc...

Old 04-25-2011, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,499 times
Eagle07- it sounds like the dealers out of Williston are booked like crazy. If you order from another dealer a little farther outside the action, your delivery time will be significantly less. It is still going to come from a factory outside the state, you just order from somewhere else that isn't quite as busy and expensive. There are 3 or 4 in Minot that carry single wide all the way up to mansions. Might be worth checking them out.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:08 PM

Eagle07, quite a few new modular and manufacture home dealers have opened up shop in Williston this past year...modjen is correct, they are all very busy and some get a little back logged for orders but they can still get you what you want. Minot, Bismarck and Billings have dealers that are not in Williston, and they for the most part will deliver and set up as part of the purchase package. (I'm guessing it is somehow tacked on to the purchase price...but might be worth it)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston