Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 08:32 AM

142 posts, read 417,318 times

Advertisements

Oh, also, are there any major retailers in Sidney? What can be found there for shopping? I have been meaning to get over there when I have been in Watford City but this last time I was there all my time was spent with the developer in the complex we are putting our home in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 11:15 AM

477 posts, read 1,506,320 times
Nothing major in Sidney, but a Shopko is going in where Pamida is. I think it was Shopko, lol, memory isn't what she used to be.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:36 AM

154 posts, read 412,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Upnorth View Post
Oh, also, are there any major retailers in Sidney? What can be found there for shopping? I have been meaning to get over there when I have been in Watford City but this last time I was there all my time was spent with the developer in the complex we are putting our home in.
Nothing major but Johnson Hardware/furniture and White Drug are 2 of my favorites. And no sales tax

Old 08-02-2012, 12:01 PM

THANKS! Shopko is great, we have one here that was never a Pamida. I do know they bought out the Pamidas and are called Shopko-Hometown. If you are not familiar with them, take a peek online Clothing, Home Store, Electronics, Toys & Sports and more | Shopko.com
My son, also in Watford City, did get over that way last month to try a pizza place that everyone was talking about.
I'll be sure to check out that hardware store there too!
Thanks again!!!

Old 08-02-2012, 01:06 PM

114 posts, read 355,500 times
Wow, when I was small Sidney was a little cow town, my how times have changed. And yes, Montana has NEVER had a sales tax.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
THANKS! Shopko is great, we have one here that was never a Pamida. I do know they bought out the Pamidas and are called Shopko-Hometown. If you are not familiar with them, take a peek online Clothing, Home Store, Electronics, Toys & Sports and more | Shopko.com
My son, also in Watford City, did get over that way last month to try a pizza place that everyone was talking about.
I'll be sure to check out that hardware store there too!
Thanks again!!!
Could have been the Powder Keg in Fairview, we all like it there, it''s not too far from Sidney.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncogirl View Post
Could have been the Powder Keg in Fairview, we all like it there, it''s not too far from Sidney.
Yes, I think it was the Powder Keg! I will have to get over that way next time I go west. So much yet to learn.
I was told our home would be ready in September but I had a hunch it would be more like October. As slow as things are going, now I'm thinking November!!
I will be out there 2-3 times before our big move and I will have a good week each time to get more "exploring" in. In the meanwhile, this website is a HUGE asset to keeping informed.
Thanks to all that help us "clueless souls." It's MUCH appreciated!

Old 08-27-2012, 06:43 AM

Just wondering if that Menards is for sure coming to Dickinson? Any word? I can give up the mall and the restaurants but OMG, life without a Menards on the western part of ND is gonna be a tough one for me. LOL

My days here in Wisconsin are limited, our house has arrived and they are setting it on it's foundation TODAY! I will soon be living in Watford, FINALLY!!!

Oh, and appliances. We will be leaving our washer and dryer here in our WI home. Trying to decide if we should buy those here for our new house in Watford and bring them out or get them out there. Any advice on where to go for those without them being overly inflated in price?

Old 08-27-2012, 07:21 AM

154 posts, read 412,809 times
Quote:
Just wondering if that Menards is for sure coming to Dickinson? Any word? I can give up the mall and the restaurants but OMG, life without a Menards on the western part of ND is gonna be a tough one for me. LOL

My days here in Wisconsin are limited, our house has arrived and they are setting it on it's foundation TODAY! I will soon be living in Watford, FINALLY!!!

Oh, and appliances. We will be leaving our washer and dryer here in our WI home. Trying to decide if we should buy those here for our new house in Watford and bring them out or get them out there. Any advice on where to go for those without them being overly inflated in price?
I'd bring them with if you can. You sure as hell don't want to buy them in Watford.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:

LOL I have not heard for sure, I mean they said it was coming to Williston for sure and then it ended up folding up on that on. However, I loves me some Menard's, lol, I was just there in Minot and got some major cleaning supplies for a pretty good price and finally got my little fire pit for 35 bucks so excited!!!!

I would bring your washer/dryer set up if you can like Cinj suggested, prices are inflated all over as far as I have noticed with that appliances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston