Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 06:13 PM

22 posts, read 118,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
That's highly unlikely since brown recluse spiders aren't in Williston (I don't think they are even in North Dakota). They are in the southeast US, chances are he was bit by something else.

He said he thinks all of the out of towners brought them with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 08:30 PM

979 posts, read 3,668,281 times
It's also possible that the spider came in one of the "man camp" module units. I've heard of people who say they have encountered rattle snakes in pipe that had been shipped up from the south. (even though North Dakota has rattlers)...but snakes, spiders, etc... probably can travel from other areas of the country. BUT...this spider incident doesn't make Williston "gross". lol

Old 08-01-2011, 09:38 PM

477 posts, read 1,506,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloff1976 View Post
It's also possible that the spider came in one of the "man camp" module units. I've heard of people who say they have encountered rattle snakes in pipe that had been shipped up from the south. (even though North Dakota has rattlers)...but snakes, spiders, etc... probably can travel from other areas of the country. BUT...this spider incident doesn't make Williston "gross". lol
Yes, I do believe they would have come from the area the skid houses were brought up here originally. I cleaned skid houses for some time and it is amazing what you come across in them things, lol, some cute and some not so cute!

You guys remember that time a guy had a black widow spider in a container in a motel in Minot? I think that was like a year ago or so. It would have been freaking me out if I came across it or any other spider...brrrrrr.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:34 PM

203 posts, read 602,265 times
Default bugs

black widows, rattlesnakes, etc.... aren't that uncommon. You underestimate the hardiness of the animal kingdom. You always have to be aware.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:19 PM

1 posts, read 4,081 times
Sounds like you don't have a problem with the town but rather with the oilfield...

Old 08-10-2011, 07:54 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloff1976 View Post
No, it doesn't make Williston gross... but I hate nasty spiders like that! Ick!!

Old 09-04-2011, 06:12 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,484,749 times
Typical Boomtown. Looks like Williston has a bright future. Dont expect them to make freeways or more restaurants overnight. Its gonna be a much better. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Willistons population doubles by 2020

Old 09-05-2011, 04:53 PM

941 posts, read 1,913,946 times
Question to anyone????

Speaking of racism, I have been wondering on the hispanic population there. I did see the percentage here in city-data, but was wondering in the oil field. My husband is hispanic and of course he always wonders if where he goes there will be his fellow culture. I told him of course hispanic are everywhere, but now I wonder if there is many working thier in oil companies.......

Old 09-05-2011, 05:07 PM

477 posts, read 1,506,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laina1980 View Post
Question to anyone????

Speaking of racism, I have been wondering on the hispanic population there. I did see the percentage here in city-data, but was wondering in the oil field. My husband is hispanic and of course he always wonders if where he goes there will be his fellow culture. I told him of course hispanic are everywhere, but now I wonder if there is many working thier in oil companies.......

There are many, many hispanics working in the oil field plus in construction around Williston.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:30 PM

203 posts, read 602,265 times
and that's why the border patrol has established a resident agent program in places like Stanley, Williston, etc.... Many are legal, many are not. Some oilfield companies even go to border patrol workshops on how to use federal ID check, etc....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston