Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 11:18 PM

1 posts, read 5,203 times

Advertisements

Gonna be heading out soon with a friend. I'm just wondering if jobs are still plentiful in Williston. Iv heard of people getting hired an hour after they get into town, is this still happening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 08:18 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,343 times
Yep, still a lot of jobs up here. Hope you guys have a place to stay.

Oh, and please remember to bring your drivers license or state ID and birth certificate or social security card. Employers will need them in order to hire you.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:33 PM

3 posts, read 11,402 times
Is there bare land available to build on in the Williston area? My husband is looking at trucking jobs up there. We have animals and would like a small farm.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:18 PM

979 posts, read 3,669,108 times
Scrapflee...you would need to check with local Realtors. Land is always for sale, but depending on the area, it can get a little spendy. The 2mile jurisdiction around Williston is constantly being rezoned from agriculture to residential subdivision, light industrial and heavy industrial. There is so much building going on right now, oil companies are popping up in wheat fields and out in the middle of nowhere. But I am sure one of the local realtors could do some searching for you.
Williston ND - Homepage
This is the site for all of your questions about Williston...it includes realtors within the site. Good Luck

Old 07-18-2011, 07:46 PM

746 posts, read 1,728,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius14 View Post
Gonna be heading out soon with a friend. I'm just wondering if jobs are still plentiful in Williston. Iv heard of people getting hired an hour after they get into town, is this still happening?
Not just in Williston, but in Dickinson and Minot too.

Do you have a place to stay? The back of your pickup will be about all you can find for lodging, if you don't already have it.

Some type of camper is your best bet.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:26 PM

14 posts, read 83,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius14 View Post
I was thinking about packing up and moving to but the lady at a staffing center said to have a place to live first for a couple of months first, just in case. However due to the housing situation, I am saving up first. But regardless if I don't make my goal, I will be there before winter.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:39 PM

51 posts, read 94,571 times
So is North Dakota a good place to relocate? I am married and my husband and I hate California. We want to live where the jobs are. Where is a good place to relocate to in North Dakota? Obviously we would said money before moving.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:29 AM

979 posts, read 3,669,108 times
Shosho29...North West North Dakota (Williston-Tioga-New Town) area's are the hot spot for jobs right now. Dickinson is hopping too. Minot is struggling because of the flooding...but you could find jobs in a day, in ANY of these towns. However, housing is very short in supply and very hard to get. They are building like crazy (in Williston) but unfortunately, what does come available is very expensive and santched up by oil companies who are securing housing for their workers. Many people who had been renting 4 years ago for 500.00 a month are now facing 2,500 a month for rent. Lot of price gauging when it comes to rental properties. If you build your own home, or buy one, it is not as bad. Mancamps (Willaims county-Williston) has nearly 4,000 man camps...with many more on the way. They are badly needed to keep up with the influx of new people moving here to work. If you come to this area of the state, make sure you secure some sort of housing before hand. It is nearly impossible to get if you just drive up...you will be living in your car for a few months, guaranteed. Check out this site for more info on this area of the state. If you search the web site, you will be able to answer many of the questions yourself, that you might have. Good Luck! Williston ND - Homepage

Old 07-28-2011, 10:58 PM

3 posts, read 11,402 times
Thank you for the info

Old 07-29-2011, 12:59 AM

1 posts, read 4,734 times
Lisan23 I sent you a private message about this same sort of stuff. I was wondering if you got it. My husband and I are planning to relocated to NW North Dakota fairly soon but I'm having trouble getting responses to applications I put in on line. We are coming from North Carolina so making a trip out there with no prospects seems iffy at best. I appreciate all of the people who come on here and give so much good information. It really is helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston