Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 08:48 PM

581 posts, read 2,211,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrickett View Post
Are you talking about Continental Resources?????????????????

Continental Resources is a Top 10 petroleum liquids producer in the United States and the largest leaseholder in the nation’s premier oil play, the Bakken Play of North Dakota and Montana. Based in Oklahoma City, the company also has a leading presence in the Anadarko Woodford Play of Oklahoma and the Red River Units Play of North Dakota, South Dakota and Montana. Founded in 1967, Continental’s growth strategy has focused on crude oil since the 1980s. The company reported total revenues of $1.6 billion for 2011 and is on track to triple production and proved reserves from 2009 to 2014.
What in the world are you talking about? Yes Continental RESOURCES is who i am talking about with my cyclone rig comment. No need for the lecture I am well aware who they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 08:33 AM

114 posts, read 354,878 times
Oklahoma's Continental Resources is the largest single player in the Bakken, with 500 wells, and it could triple that number in five years. Because the bulk of the Bakken lies on the North Dakota side, that state enjoys the lion's share of the drilling activity. More than 200 oil rigs are snouting around for oil across western North Dakota at a cost of $7 million a well.

This article was printed 12/18/11 so perhaps some of this has changed?

The cyclone rigs - that is you guy's dept -know nothing about that - but I have a good friend working high up for the company - for him, Continental Resources has been great to work for, and he has been back and forth in the Bakken for over 30 years.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:25 PM

746 posts, read 1,722,778 times
Marathon is reducing drilling, while Hess is increasing drilling:

Marathon Oil grows production, curbs US drilling - MarketWatch
Quote:
--Marathon Oil is reducing rig counts in U.S. unconventional plays
The rigs are being cut from the Anadarko Woodford basin in Oklahoma and the Bakken Shale in North Dakota, regions where producers have seen relatively weak prices due to bottlenecks in transportation.
Hess to Spend More in Bakken in 2012 - CLR, GEOI, HES, KOG, MRO - Foolish Blogging Network
Quote:
Hess has more than 800,000 net acres under lease prospective for the Bakken formation and plans to operate an average of 16 rigs here in 2012. The company’s goal is to ramp up development and generate net production of 120,000 BOE per day from its properties by 2015.
Quote:
Hess reported an average cost of $11.6 million to drill and complete a Bakken well during the second quarter of 2012. This was a much higher cost than many of its competitors that are active in the Bakken. Marathon Oil uses an $8.6 million average cost for Bakken wells and Continental Resources has driven costs down to $7.7 million for wells drilled as part of its ECO – pad design.
A shift in job from drilling to production coming:

Crosby Journal - Tioga Tribune - Latest News
Quote:
“We’ve already been expecting it for some time. Rigs are getting more and more efficient. 210 drills today would have taken 300 drills in the past.”
As the Bakken shifts from exploration to production, the job market will shift, Helms said.
“It’s a shift in job skills. We’ll see the kind of people who’ll want to live closer to the activity. We’ll still see continuing job growth the rest of the decade.”

Old 08-01-2012, 05:35 PM

Thanks fourwinds, great posts!

Old 08-01-2012, 06:48 PM

581 posts, read 2,211,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrickett View Post
Oklahoma's Continental Resources is the largest single player in the Bakken, with 500 wells, and it could triple that number in five years. Because the bulk of the Bakken lies on the North Dakota side, that state enjoys the lion's share of the drilling activity. More than 200 oil rigs are snouting around for oil across western North Dakota at a cost of $7 million a well.

This article was printed 12/18/11 so perhaps some of this has changed?

The cyclone rigs - that is you guy's dept -know nothing about that - but I have a good friend working high up for the company - for him, Continental Resources has been great to work for, and he has been back and forth in the Bakken for over 30 years.
Again....I know who continental is. I'm boots on the ground in the bakken and work with continental regularly. I'm not saying they have a bad program I'm saying Cyclone rigs are not top dog in the bakken. Please ready my cyclone post again before posting more pro continental ads from 2011.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:17 PM

The article was printed 12/18/11 from the Billings, MT gazette, which looks to be doing a pretty fair reporting job from the little amount I have looked through it.

Gotha about the Cyclone rigs, that is your guys dept and expertise, I know nothing about them nor want to, I do know my

friend with 30+ years in the Bakken is very happy and I hope that does not change.

Good Luck to everyone and Cheers!

Old 09-16-2012, 02:40 PM

4 posts, read 20,459 times
Default green carder hiring entry level job in oil industry texas

i everybody, i'm new on the forum and i read your answer about entry level oil jobs in texa. and what draw my attention is the fact, right now i'm living in africa west africa cote d'ivoire but i have been selected in the diversity visa program and while processing for the green card i trying yo get a plan for when i will arrive in usa since it is very important for me to know what to do there. i read that there is some well paid entry level jobs requiring no experience or some little things. that is why i'm posting here to ask a few questions:

1: is it real that there are some jobs in the oil industry that i can hire for without any experience in the field?
2: which country are the best for you for a newcomer like me to hire for a jobs in termes of wages, housing, commodities and life level. can you range them in order of preference
3 which compagny are the best for beginner

thanks for your help hope i will find some one to help me out here thanks in advance

Old 09-26-2012, 07:20 PM

3 posts, read 8,217 times
It all varies so much considering there are so many different processes that go into creating an oil well. a "rig" can be all sorts of stuff. On top of that, each company is different from the next in terms of pay, benefits and housing. A lot of outfits won't hire you without a williston address, even if it's an rv park and you relocated from 2000 miles away. That way, they can shaft you on per diem. I know for a fact key energy does it. I didn't get per diem, but guys they brought in from other key locations around the country did...on top of reimbursed airfare if they were working rotations. I know that key energy starts their workover rig guys with no experience at 22 an hour, and if youre lucky, they will give you free housing which ain't too shabby either.

You can expect 85 to 100 hours a week, but if you're working 5 days on, 2 off, 85 is about average. After taxes, 7500 a month is what a green horn can expect to earn. I'm basing all that from what I know about key, one of the more established outfits out there, and workover rigs.

It's a cut throat industry though, and working oil in nd is going to really put you to your limits and beyond. It's mentally and physically torturous. If you aren't liked by the crew you work with, you''ll know it real quick. Roughnecks are pretty damn brutal to work with. Add to it you're away from loved ones, in the middle of no where, constantly in pain from slinging steel around, freezing your butt off, having very little privacy, etc, and you will very quickly start to question what the heck you got yourself into.

Goto college and get a degree you can do something with. That's much, much easier. In other words, no amount of money is worth it!

Old 10-17-2012, 10:57 AM

4 posts, read 20,459 times
ok thanks for your advice, right now i'm finishing my master in british civilisation and thee is no work ahead. i look that selection in the green car program as the chance for a new beginning that is why while doing my documents i'm prospecting for a work in united state and i have to find good field with attractive salaries since my diploma will certainly not grantrf me work there and it takes money huge amount of money to make college in usa. money that i dont have. the only way for me to do it. is to find a job that i can hire with at least no or small experience and a think that oil field is a way to try. i will appreciat since you know some to help me try it out. for sure it hard but i can not turn my foot away even without trying. if you can keep in touch with me and give me some info i think that i could find my way there.

thanks a lot optikal86

Old 11-18-2012, 02:39 AM

2 posts, read 6,840 times
I was wondering if you can tell me companies in Williston or minot area that hire workers in the oil field without a drivers and has a checkered past and has a checkered past felony convictions but still need to but still need to be honest about it it would be greatly appreciate some contact information also would be nic you may contact me you may contact me at markloiseau1000@Gmail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston