U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-04-2011, 01:42 PM

113 posts, read 185,521 times
Default Any Gyms In Williston?

Kind of kicking around the idea of heading up there to work.

I am an avid weightlifter with a focus on powerlifting and strength and conditioning, with a bit of bodybuilding mixed in. I currently work out at 24hr fitness, I am going to go out on a limb and say there probably isn't one in Williston, so what are my options around town for working out, if there are any?

All help is appreciated!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 03:07 PM

222 posts, read 484,269 times
I don't live in Williston, but google shows there is an Anytime Fitness and a Key Gym in Williston. There are Anytime Fitness locations in every nook and cranny in North Dakota. I don't know anything about Key Gym, the number is (701) 572-6420.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:37 PM

11,861 posts, read 6,987,696 times
Anytime fitness is across the highway from the hospital

Anytime Fitness Gyms Williston, North Dakota Fitness Centers Williston

I believe there's another one in town called Key Gym. And there's also a Curves

Wartford City actually has a nice gym
Healthy Heart Wellness Center Health Club in Watford City, ND

Old 09-05-2011, 07:24 PM

917 posts, read 2,433,868 times
Williston has Anytime Fitness, Key Gym(locally owned), Curves and Elite Fitness. Also, I believe you can utilize the Raymond Community Centers gym facilities via the parks & rec...not sure about Williston States Wellness center...that might be only for registered college students.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:53 AM

1 posts, read 3,149 times
were you able to find anymore info about a powerlifters gym? My husband is a powerlifter (leaving for WPF worlds next week in Palm Beach, FLA) and we were wondering the same thing.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:22 PM

325 posts, read 532,930 times
I am into Olympic Lifting and bodybuilding but I wonder how I will find time if I am working 16 hour days, LOL!

Old 11-01-2011, 06:06 PM

581 posts, read 1,508,236 times
Key Gym is a locally owned muscle head gym. Not much equipment and not much of a gym either. Anytime is usually packed at ideal times and full of guys doing curls. Elite is nice, big, but a lot of older users. It also has showers, hot tubs, saunas, locker rooms, two small swimming pools, and an aerobics room. It does have a separate weight room that has an olympic platform. Older weight room but nice facility overall. Elite is downtown on main street so it's not that easily accessible. (same with key gym) Anytime is right off the bypass going through town but is a bit tough to get to unless you live on the west side. 1 shower/2 bathrooms/not much for a guy looking for the amenities. New equipment and very well maintained though.

Williston residents vote next week to approve a new recreation center that will be on the williston state college campus. Awesome facility I hope it gets approved!

The long and short....key gym thinks it's a powerlifting gym but Williston really doesn't have one.

Elite Health and Fitness - Coming Soon

Old 11-01-2011, 07:14 PM

2,426 posts, read 1,782,184 times
If I was an individual with some money and vision, I'd open up some franchise up there in williston. What do they have for fast food? Any Culvers up there? Fuddruckers? Movie theaters? (good ones)

Old 11-01-2011, 07:29 PM

We have two movie theaters, both on main street and both owned by the same family. The theaters have been reno'd to the nines but it still not much compared to the new theaters I've been to in other parts of the state. The same family also owns the only outdoor drive in movie theater in ND....but you guessed it....it's on prime real estate and is now FOR SALE.

Most franchises have a tough time coming to Williston. #1 is because of the workforce. We do not have a 4 year college and do not have much of a workforce for lower paying jobs. (Taco John's paying $15/hr is the exception) We have Hardees, McD's, Taco Johns, KFC, Arbys, Subway, had a quizons...twice, had a taco bell connected to KFC, Applebees is our only sit down franchise. Wendy's is supposedly coming. We almost had a Buffalo Wild Wings but the land fell through. I've also heard Montana Rib and chop house is coming. We have a few mom and pop restaurants but most franchises steer clear. No one up here knows what a Culvers is and the closest fuddruckers is in Billings. (5 hours west). Minot which is twice our size has many places to eat....Olive Garden, Qudoba, BWW, Wendys, BK, Perkins, and a bunch I'm forgetting. Williston is supposedly 23000 people but we had been 12000 for 20 years. We do have a Menards that is going to be built in a new development west of town that had a movie theater, retail, and restaurants in it but it's yet to break ground. Granite Peak of Casper WY has done the most for Williston in the past year. Check them out. They have some very detailed plans on their website. Granite Peak Development Casper Wyoming

Old 11-01-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
If I was an individual with some money and vision, I'd open up some franchise up there in williston. What do they have for fast food? Any Culvers up there? Fuddruckers? Movie theaters? (good ones)
We need more sit down restaurants that fast food. Every restaurant, fast food or not, is busting at the seams. If you don't go to lunch at 11:30am you won't even get a seat in most of them. The drive thru in McD's can take 45 minutes to get through and the inside has limited hours because of short staff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston