Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 02:57 PM

39 posts, read 135,644 times

Advertisements

Hey guys!! I am one of the guys who's gonna venture out to Williston in search of work

First off.. I am not a drug user, never have been never will be. But I got my self into a stupid situation. My grandfather takes medicinal marijuana and on his birthday we did it together (worst experience OF MY LIFE).

Anyway.. I looked it up online and since I only did once it says I should be clean from marijuana in 30d days (which it has been)..but here is the kicker. Even if you use it once it stays in your hair for a very long time.

So heres the big question.. urine test / blood test/ or hair folicle? Or do they all have different policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 05:44 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,324 times
They all have different policies, at a minimum urine, some also do hair.

You will want to wait 90 days (I think that's the length of time it will stick) before doing it. I had to turn a guy away who stopped smoking approximately 2 months before he applied for the job.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:57 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,709,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
They all have different policies, at a minimum urine, some also do hair.

You will want to wait 90 days (I think that's the length of time it will stick) before doing it. I had to turn a guy away who stopped smoking approximately 2 months before he applied for the job.
Not sure about hair, but you're 90 day claim for a pee test is waaayyy off base. A single time toke would likely be out of your system in days, definitely gone in month. Just drink a lot of water the day of the test and you'll be fine. Just not too much, or they'll flag you as attempting to cheat.

BTW, for those of you who love this BS of drug testing, it is a total scam. I've known people who smoke daily who easily beat the test by drinking maskers. Almost all other drugs are out of your system within days. Hope you like destroying everyone's freedom in your naive quest for prohibition.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:04 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,998,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Not sure about hair, but you're 90 day claim for a pee test is waaayyy off base. A single time toke would likely be out of your system in days, definitely gone in month. Just drink a lot of water the day of the test and you'll be fine. Just not too much, or they'll flag you as attempting to cheat.

BTW, for those of you who love this BS of drug testing, it is a total scam. I've known people who smoke daily who easily beat the test by drinking maskers. Almost all other drugs are out of your system within days. Hope you like destroying everyone's freedom in your naive quest for prohibition.
Destroying someone's freedom from doing an illegal substance? Employer needs to do what he/she can to get the most desirable employee, and this is one tool. I am not sure if it should be a cut and dry, yes/no issue though however in the hiring process.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:

My 90 day reference was for the hair follicle testing, not the urine testing.

I support drug testing 100%. I don't want some jackass who's doing drugs working with my husband and increasing the chances of hurting not only himself but others.

Those people you know who beat the tests by drinking maskers will run into problems up here. LOOOOTS of companies do randoms AND more and more are doing hair follicles too.

It's not a quest for prohibition, it's a quest for safety and your naivete regarding drugs and drug testing for employment purposes is funny and ridiculous.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
Destroying someone's freedom from doing an illegal substance? Employer needs to do what he/she can to get the most desirable employee, and this is one tool. I am not sure if it should be a cut and dry, yes/no issue though however in the hiring process.
Should they be allowed to search your home or go through your bank accounts? Am I allowed to do the same to them? I once worked for a company that committed a billion dollar fraud and all that happened to them was they got a slap on the wrist. People can have their livelihood taken away from them over a test that is completely unreliable, yet companies commit their maleficence in plain sight with protection from the highest levels of government. The hypocrisy is striking.

Another thing, "drug" test are exactly that. Many tests can look for far more things than so called "illegal" drugs. There are tests that can detect prescription drugs that are common. Should a company be allowed to know that you take Paxel? I know someone that this happened to. The tech from the lab demanded to see a prescription for his depression medication or he was going to turn it over to the company. What's your excuse for this behavior? Should they also look for pregnant women and skip them as well?

Old 09-30-2011, 06:17 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,998,374 times
Quote:
Should they be allowed to search your home or go through your bank accounts? Am I allowed to do the same to them? I once worked for a company that committed a billion dollar fraud and all that happened to them was they got a slap on the wrist. People have can have their livelihood taken away from them over a test that is completely unreliable, yet companies commit their maleficence in plain sight with protection from the highest levels of government. The hypocrisy is striking.

Another thing, "drug" test are exactly that. Many test can look for far more things than so called "illegal" drugs. There are tests that can detect prescription drugs that are common. Should a company be allowed to know that you take Paxel? I know someone that this happened to. The tech from the lab demanded to see a prescription for his depression medication or he was going to turn it over to the company. What's your excuse for this behavior? Should they also look for pregnant women and skip them as well?
I do agree with what you wrote....it is wrong to take one test and then go to the extreme with the results.....

Old 09-30-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Should they be allowed to search your home or go through your bank accounts? Am I allowed to do the same to them? I once worked for a company that committed a billion dollar fraud and all that happened to them was they got a slap on the wrist. People have can have their livelihood taken away from them over a test that is completely unreliable, yet companies commit their maleficence in plain sight with protection from the highest levels of government. The hypocrisy is striking.

Another thing, "drug" test are exactly that. Many test can look for far more things than so called "illegal" drugs. There are tests that can detect prescription drugs that are common. Should a company be allowed to know that you take Paxel? I know someone that this happened to. The tech from the lab demanded to see a prescription for his depression medication or he was going to turn it over to the company. What's your excuse for this behavior? Should they also look for pregnant women and skip them as well?
Apples and oranges.

If you don't want to take a drug test you don't have to, but the company is a PRIVATE organization and is not obligated to hire you if you do not want to comply with their policies. Simple as that. It's got nothing to do with the government. In fact, I work a government job and did not get drug screened, however for the job I had prior to this one with a private business I was drug screened.

It's a choice. If you want to keep your job then you'll comply with their rules, if you don't want to take the test you don't have to keep your job. Just like if you don't want to follow other safety procedures you lose your job too. Or if you don't follow certain rules you lose your job.

BTW, pregnant women get discriminated against all the time, but it's almost impossible to tell.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:39 PM

Here's some more information on why drug testing is a wise choice for any company.

Drugs and alcohol in the workplace (http://www.acde.org/employer/DAwork.htm - broken link)

Does it Threaten Jobs?

Substance abusers don’t have to indulge on the job to have a negative impact on the work- place. Compared to their non- abusing coworkers, they are:

Ten times more likely to miss work
3.6 times more likely to be involved in on-the-job accidents (and 5 times more likely to injure themselves or another in the process)
Five times more likely to file a worker’s compensation claim
33% less productive
Responsible for health care costs that are three times as high.
Operating machinery under the influence of alcohol or drugs is clearly high-risk. But danger also increases when reflexes or judgment are compromised to any degree by drugs or alcohol. And substance abusers are not only five times more likely than other workers to cause injuries, they are also responsible for 40 percent of all industrial fatalities.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Here's some more information on why drug testing is a wise choice for any company.

Drugs and alcohol in the workplace (http://www.acde.org/employer/DAwork.htm - broken link)

Does it Threaten Jobs?

Substance abusers don’t have to indulge on the job to have a negative impact on the work- place. Compared to their non- abusing coworkers, they are:

Ten times more likely to miss work
3.6 times more likely to be involved in on-the-job accidents (and 5 times more likely to injure themselves or another in the process)
Five times more likely to file a worker’s compensation claim
33% less productive
Responsible for health care costs that are three times as high.
Operating machinery under the influence of alcohol or drugs is clearly high-risk. But danger also increases when reflexes or judgment are compromised to any degree by drugs or alcohol. And substance abusers are not only five times more likely than other workers to cause injuries, they are also responsible for 40 percent of all industrial fatalities.
Spare me from your propaganda. You're a prohibitionist, plain and simple. I would never, ever hire you, and I certainly would not do business with you. You probably also believe that terrorists really, really are planning to attack us with model airplanes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston