Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2011, 02:33 PM

231 posts, read 872,970 times

Advertisements

From the Fargo Forum today. How bad the housing situation is in Williston.

Oil boom raises rents in ND, pushes seniors out | INFORUM | Fargo, ND

Old 11-14-2011, 03:29 PM

941 posts, read 1,914,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
No it's not safe without proper venting-you can get carbon monoxide poisoning.
Are you talking about the car heater or portable? So the portable one with those little propane things can cause carbon monoxide? What about if used sporadically? I saw a small one and though tit would be good to get anyways, in case my car ever goes in a ditch and noone is around, lol....

Old 11-14-2011, 04:28 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,001,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagKing View Post
Living in Georgia - 10 day forecast shows overnight lows where I live to be around the 35-40 degree range

Williston Area - My phone tells me the overnight averages for the next week or so will be in the 15-22 degree range!

ALL THE REST OF YOU SOUTHERN BOYS.... YOU BETTER HEAD HOME, IT'S GETTING COLD! And I need a job, so move along and let some spots open up! You know your not going to like it there in a couple of weeks! I, on the other hand, have skin that has been weathered by hard living and blood that has been thickened by pudding. So I'll be all right, but you won't!
Here is the latest forecast for Williston area via NWS Bismarck....

7-Day Forecast for Latitude 48.12°N and Longitude 103.57°W

Winter finally starting to kick in.... lows down in the single digits above zero this next weekend...

--Dan NWS Grand Forks

Old 11-14-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
Here is the latest forecast for Williston area via NWS Bismarck....

7-Day Forecast for Latitude 48.12°N and Longitude 103.57°W

Winter finally starting to kick in.... lows down in the single digits above zero this next weekend...

--Dan NWS Grand Forks
Wow, not kicking too much here in MN Dan, starting to wonder if people are making stories that it snows here, lol J/K.....It does feel cold here in morning but by afternoons the sun comes out and still chilly but NO SNOW, lol.....Have been comparing here and ND and seems ND is colder as of recent temps.....

Old 11-14-2011, 06:24 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,001,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laina1980 View Post
Wow, not kicking too much here in MN Dan, starting to wonder if people are making stories that it snows here, lol J/K.....It does feel cold here in morning but by afternoons the sun comes out and still chilly but NO SNOW, lol.....Have been comparing here and ND and seems ND is colder as of recent temps.....
I think you mentioned you live in the Alexandria area....well snow is on your way for sure on Saturday....could be quite a bit....

Dan

Old 11-14-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
I think you mentioned you live in the Alexandria area....well snow is on your way for sure on Saturday....could be quite a bit....

Dan
Ya, am in Alexandria area.
See, that always happens when it takes it time, it dumps it on you, lol....

Thanks, will be prepared by Saturday.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:47 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,883,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laina1980 View Post
Are you talking about the car heater or portable? So the portable one with those little propane things can cause carbon monoxide? What about if used sporadically? I saw a small one and though tit would be good to get anyways, in case my car ever goes in a ditch and noone is around, lol....
Yes, heaters that use fuel such as propane must be vented, the risk is even if you use it sporadically and you fall asleep you may never wake up. Carbon monoxide is the silent killer and your only sign of it is confusion, a headache, possibly nausea and then unconsciousness and death.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Yes, heaters that use fuel such as propane must be vented, the risk is even if you use it sporadically and you fall asleep you may never wake up. Carbon monoxide is the silent killer and your only sign of it is confusion, a headache, possibly nausea and then unconsciousness and death.
Thanks for tip wasn't sure if propane could cause CM...And I would never know if had it cause those the confusion and headaches are regular for me, lol....

Old 11-15-2011, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,352 times
My name is Holly, I am 41 and from Eastern Wa, I am coming to Williston to seek work with my boyfriend. We will arrive sometime thursday via greyhound. I wasn't into hitchhiking. by the grace of God, prayers from my kids and family and Good luck hopefully We will find jobs and a place to live. we do not know one person in Williston and I have just been a tiny bit schooled on the how the weather can be extreme. Wish us luck out there.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:51 PM

73 posts, read 202,947 times
Holly, where are you going to stay when you get there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston