U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-23-2011, 11:58 PM

112 posts, read 187,107 times
Default Phone Interview with Haliburton

Well, I suppose all the applications I have sent out have not all went to cyberspace, I finally got a call from Halliburton. Now waiting on the 1st phone interview. Has anyone else out there been through a phone interview, any tips would be greatly appreciated!

The position is for an entry level pump technician so any thoughts on that would also be appreciated. I will be researching this position this week before the interview. Also does anyone know where to find pay ranges for Halliburton? I realize I am not asking for much (ha ha) but again any advice or tips would be really appreciated.

I will also keep y'all posted with any updates as they are available. This forum has been the single most helpful site I have come across with my adventure into looking for work in Williston ND. So thanks to all who are keeping their own personal experiences posted, it really has helped!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 12:14 AM

8,239 posts, read 6,634,523 times
One thing might be to type halliburton in the search, and choose posts, and/or threads. See what comes up. There have been a few conversations recently, and it did sound like the were held in high esteem. If I see any posts, I'll dm you.
Correction, just found one..."what does Haliburton pay" a thread, nov 11.

Last edited by JanND; 11-24-2011 at 12:16 AM.. Reason: added info

Old 11-24-2011, 12:33 AM

another thread. "Links of all kinds".... on the list here. Has a few links, incl financial....may help while you wait for answers here. Cruise the threads list, best advice I can give you. Google Haliburton. I can't speak firsthand, but I do know that they were here in 80's, heard the name alot. I would think longevity in this field would count for alot. Good luck, hope you get a great offer, and housing. Be safe.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:14 AM

90 posts, read 214,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingtoND2work View Post
Well, I suppose all the applications I have sent out have not all went to cyberspace, I finally got a call from Halliburton. Now waiting on the 1st phone interview. Has anyone else out there been through a phone interview, any tips would be greatly appreciated!

The position is for an entry level pump technician so any thoughts on that would also be appreciated. I will be researching this position this week before the interview. Also does anyone know where to find pay ranges for Halliburton? I realize I am not asking for much (ha ha) but again any advice or tips would be really appreciated.

I will also keep y'all posted with any updates as they are available. This forum has been the single most helpful site I have come across with my adventure into looking for work in Williston ND. So thanks to all who are keeping their own personal experiences posted, it really has helped!
I assume you got the Halliburton email lol. That instructed you to call for a job correct?

Well the interview for me was alot of talk of it being long hours and can you handle it. My reply yes I have done my home work. Then I mentioned a few things about the oil industry based on the reserach I did on fracking.

After that I was told they were looking for only a few people and they would be back in contact. I got some email the next day because I applied for a few jobs with big hal saying I didn't get the position for some position I applied.
Sent email asking for recruiter info in North Dakota. I was told that wasn't for this position and she was sending me a offer letter.

Next will come the 3 emails one and stuff to fill out fax and call there doctor to setup for the physical.

"If the doctor says you have any problem ask questions" Don't assume it was nothing lol. You will then have too go to another doctor should this happen and its on your own dime. Get the physical cleared ASAP! It takes them time to get your cleared. I started on my package NOV the 1st and I just got cleared by the doctor.

The holidays are here my friend and there light staff like everyone else. If you don't get it done in the first 2weeks expect a delay on your start date lol. " I am speaking from experience here" * Depending on the projected start date they give you. The holidays will make your process tighter then normal so plan ahead my friend.

Then you are contacted by the recruiter and everyone else after the doctor contacts them. "I'm currently waiting in this faze" Then you head out on the start date they give you then.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:24 AM

112 posts, read 187,107 times
Thanks for all the support and info JanND, JaxTeller and RockfordNativenowSeattle! Would love to keep this thread rocking with information and links for all out there who are in the waiting phase.

If I find more info I will keep it posted here. Hope everyone has a Great Turkey Day!

Old 11-24-2011, 11:36 AM

You too!! Wow accidently found an interesting resource. When you are posting a response, under the dialogue box is a list of similar threads. Neat. Might be worth checking for folks getting interview tips.

Old 11-24-2011, 04:34 PM

4,043 posts, read 5,074,692 times
I've heard you're not supposed to ask about pay in the first interview or what the company can do for you. Right now they want to know what you can do for them. Try not to say uh or you know a lot. Try to pretend that you are wearing a suit sitting in an office speaking in person. Good luck!

Old 11-24-2011, 05:00 PM

Maybe have your list of quals in front of you. Things that you might want to ask, so you don't forget. I know in person interviews, they really like a person to ask a question, or two...as it shows real interest. Oh, don't end the interview by saying how desperately you want the job(another post here) There are ppl that will do that, and evidently it makes the interviewer uncomfortable, cause there are hundreds in same boat. I also saw on the forum posts recently, that a major interest, is in your manual labor experience. One guy said he had been advised to emphasize his manual labor, or what he actually did, rather than how important his job was...he had some supervision, and other mgt experience. Not positive which thread, but it was last couple days on this forum re: williston. Maybe someone will recognize these threads and post them here for you. Have you coffee, your tablet, pen and the door shut to keep background noise down. Take a deep breath, then relax. You will do fine.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,924 times
Any updates on Halliburton phone interview? I am also looking for tips on interview, money and housing?

Old 12-05-2012, 09:51 PM

5 posts, read 7,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltopaz View Post
Any updates on Halliburton phone interview? I am also looking for tips on interview, money and housing?
Pay is about $10-15 an hour just depends on the position. Housing wise Halliburton has man camps where they house employees but I don't know if they house everyone on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
View detailed profiles of: