Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 05:40 PM

581 posts, read 2,214,060 times

Advertisements

No hookah bars but there are some hooker bars. I couldn't resist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 05:56 PM

581 posts, read 2,214,060 times
You might find some people in the mancamp that have similar interests. Depending on what camp you are in, most have a breakfast or dinner in a dining room. That's a great place to meet people. Also if there is a rec room that another good option. You have a leg up on most people moving here that you live in a camp with other people that are working in the same industry. If you lived in an apt (or RV) you'd have a much harder time meeting people. I just wouldn't mention "smoke the hookah" in this town right now. Most oilfield types don't even know what that means and they'd probably assume you meant smoke something illegal. And by the way....me being a UND fan. BU sucks. Just kidding.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:05 PM

15 posts, read 21,479 times
Hey fourwinds. Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, I don't follow college hockey. doh. I've got my own hookah, so I'm not too worried about that, but I will definitely have to look into some hobbies. Lol kychlo. You might be right, but that's why I'm looking for people like myself (similar experiences, background, interests, etc). And..GO TERRIERS!

Old 11-26-2011, 08:53 PM

941 posts, read 1,912,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBennyb View Post
I haven't moved into the man camp yet. I've still got a hotel room until Monday. I'll report back monday evening on that. The job I'm going to be doing is basically reconciling receipts with tickets for a growing company. I got the job through SOS Staffing. The woman there sent in my resume on Wednesday (I arrived tuesday) and i got a call back on thursday evening, and an interview on Friday. And yep, Williston. About life so far, I'm actually having a difficult time adjusting. I haven't started work yet, so I don't have a routine and I have no friends as of yet either. I came up here on my own and it's been very stressful. I'm hoping settling in and getting like-minded friends will make this all easier to bare
Well I hope the adjustment goes smoother soon. It is always more difficult in the beginning being in a new place. Congrats on your job and wish you the best.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:02 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,874,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kychlo View Post
You might find some people in the mancamp that have similar interests. Depending on what camp you are in, most have a breakfast or dinner in a dining room. That's a great place to meet people. Also if there is a rec room that another good option. You have a leg up on most people moving here that you live in a camp with other people that are working in the same industry. If you lived in an apt (or RV) you'd have a much harder time meeting people. I just wouldn't mention "smoke the hookah" in this town right now. Most oilfield types don't even know what that means and they'd probably assume you meant smoke something illegal. And by the way....me being a UND fan. BU sucks. Just kidding.
That's what I thought "smoke the hookah" meant...something illegal. I've seen the pipes on tv etc so I guess I'll have to check the urban dictionary to see what that means.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:09 PM

58 posts, read 139,168 times
Kychlo, your postings have me ROFL and I needed that tonight! Thank you as times have been stressful here while trying to plan a trip up there. It is going to take a large sum to drive up there and not to mention the long hours on the road. To answer your message the hotel room was found by calling hotels in advance. I have been searching this forum for two months and everyone has said find a place to stay first. Hotels were the first thing on my list!

Old 11-26-2011, 09:09 PM

265 posts, read 686,031 times
Default Congrats

Hey dude that's cool ..I cannot wait to start working got an offer from a big company and sent in my paperwork..had the various drug tests and confident in being clean, signed papers already and now waiting the process..Smaller company might have been quicker..this is a pain and looking forward of the challenge of going to somewhere new where I have to make more friends..ah more the merrier is what they(and I ) say..My patience is kinda wearing thin along with the wallet.sheesh.jim..peace.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:11 PM

81 posts, read 202,651 times
Oh how I miss hookah. I came here from California almost 3 months ago now. Pm me dude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston