U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 07:53 AM

12 posts, read 3,587 times

Advertisements

whatever....

A show about strippers and hot bartenders in Williston is what the American public wants to see. Not a single mom septic tank truck driver pumping poop with her fatherless child in the front seat of the truck. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 08:42 AM

153 posts, read 211,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomofmovement View Post
whatever....

A show about strippers and hot bartenders in Williston is what the American public wants to see. Not a single mom septic tank truck driver pumping poop with her fatherless child in the front seat of the truck. Just my opinion.
Sadly a show about single moms trying to fit a bag of crack into their welfare budget probably would do better than one about single moms trying to make a good living for themselves and their children. Fyi, last I heard, Kelsey is a bartender at a strip club. Guess I don't think the girls are barkin' quite as loud as you do but I'm sure they'd be happy to "chat" with you about it

Old 01-30-2012, 12:19 PM

454 posts, read 509,377 times
Looks like a good show. I think most of the adults in the country would enjoy the show, not everyone is interested in what the kardashians had for lunch today.

It is a crying shame that our society is so obsessed with the way people look, specifically the way females look. I guess if their boobs aren't falling out of their clothes, they are considered uninteresting................sigh, have we not moved out of the cave man era? I feel especially bad for tweens and teens who try and live up to the unattainable standards set by the media.

You think these gals are unattractive and have bad teeth? When was the last time you shopped at a Walmart or the mall? There is not a thing wrong with the sisters in the clip - they are normal, attractive young ladies and they seem to have some smarts - GASP!

Knock 'em dead girls - best of luck!

Old 01-30-2012, 01:52 PM

709 posts, read 884,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kychlo View Post
Finally some proof of all the reality series talk in Williston. I'd watch it.

Lucky Dog Filmworks
Five gals, of course you would, LOL, J/K...

It will be interesting to watch to me for reason of watching sisters interacting am sure it will give kardashians a run for thier money. I laughed at the girl putting her kid in her truck, I use to do that in my taxi, lol

Is it slated to air or looking for network?

Old 01-30-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Please take it easy on me. I've worked in media and I can assure you this show will go nowhere. The girls have bad teeth. I'm not saying this to be mean but nobody in a large TV market like LA, Boston or NYC wants to watch a show with girls who have bad teeth. Just being brutally honest. No insult intended. I also said that I would watch the show as I find it very interesting. The public masses will not.
You can't say until it airs. If the huge networks had your gift, they'd be in heaven and richer than they already are. And a while back when Discovery channel came sniffing around Ducth Harbor where I use to live, the last thing anyone thought was Deadliest catch would be a hit. I know a lot of those guys and trust me they would be the last I would think anyone would want to watch on tv, but look at that show now.....

Old 01-30-2012, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,618 times
It's kinda cool seeing this I see these girls on a regular bases almost every day I work for A rental services company and they are always out at our locations.. Super cool...

Old 01-30-2012, 05:28 PM

443 posts, read 433,554 times
Never underestimate a North Dakotan who goes into show business. The Lawrence Welk Show still draws quite an audience.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,676 times
Quote:
I'm not trying to be rude or anything. Please don't misunderstand my post. I'm new to ND and I can assure you that this show will flop big time. The girls just are not that attractive and that's what national TV is all about. I'm sure folks from ND would watch it and so would I but it won't play outside of ND. Your states population is tiny and it's not economical to produce a show like this with so few potential viewers.

Now if you did a story about strip club girls and bars in Williston? That would be huge. Just being honest.
As a person who grew up in ND but now lives in a large metropolitan area, I do take offense to your statement. A lot of reality shows feature a LOT less attractive people. Those girls look just like normal people. You sound like you want to be all Mr. Big City and tell those small town hicks what is really going on out there in the real world. Not a great way to make friends! And if you don't want people to take offense, you shouldn't speak to people from ND like they have no idea what is going on in the world. People who live in ND aren't stupid, and they happen to have cable and internet! And maybe if you have a problem with the population being tiny, you shouldn't live there! There are plenty of things I complained about while growing up in ND, but I am proud of my roots. You will need to learn quickly that only people from ND can make fun of ND.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,553 times
People will watch it because it is a phenomenon America hasn't seen in over a century.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_user View Post
You will need to learn quickly that only people from ND can make fun of ND.
Haaahaha, lol, that is funny. I was just telling my hubby it is only ok when I complain of my mother, he can't.
Your whole statement is true though, it doesn't matter where anyone is from in general, it can be the same everywhere. I have seen attractiveness everywhere I have been. And these girls are not even ugly at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston