Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 09:48 AM

581 posts, read 2,211,515 times

Advertisements

Finally some proof of all the reality series talk in Williston. I'd watch it.

Lucky Dog Filmworks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 11:05 AM

13 posts, read 41,316 times
Interesting. I'd watch it also!

Old 01-29-2012, 12:56 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,071,093 times
I would too, although as a homeowner there, it sort of scares hell outta me! Look what the news program about the boom did a couple months ago, this will make even more people rush here.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I would too, although as a homeowner there, it sort of scares hell outta me! Look what the news program about the boom did a couple months ago, this will make even more people rush here.
True but at least the show doesn't follow around a bunch of oil workers raising hell. (Black Gold tv show with the Big Dog rig...not good oilfield representation) Also, I think the damage has been done. Everyone already now knows about Williston.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:07 PM

Funny, I just showed my Sons the clip, and they know two of the girls from H.S. And the kid throwing the darts, that the younger girl hopes to marry, He was a neighbor to their Dad. Funny to see folks you went to school w/, your friends dated. The oldest girl, and the welder girl they knew in school.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:48 PM

979 posts, read 3,659,918 times
Very interesting story line. I would definately watch this.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:18 PM

12 posts, read 19,006 times
I'm not trying to be rude or anything. Please don't misunderstand my post. I'm new to ND and I can assure you that this show will flop big time. The girls just are not that attractive and that's what national TV is all about. I'm sure folks from ND would watch it and so would I but it won't play outside of ND. Your states population is tiny and it's not economical to produce a show like this with so few potential viewers.

Now if you did a story about strip club girls and bars in Williston? That would be huge. Just being honest.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomofmovement View Post
I'm not trying to be rude or anything. Please don't misunderstand my post. I'm new to ND and I can assure you that this show will flop big time. The girls just are not that attractive and that's what national TV is all about. I'm sure folks from ND would watch it and so would I but it won't play outside of ND. Your states population is tiny and it's not economical to produce a show like this with so few potential viewers.

Now if you did a story about strip club girls and bars in Williston? That would be huge. Just being honest.
Those dudes on the #1 show in America are great to look at aren't they!?!?!?!?!. Ever heard of GOLD RUSH. A show about the american dream! This would be similar to that. Seeing those women try and make it in the biggest oil boom in the history of the US. There have been some rather unintelligent comments on this forum but this one might top the list.

Why have IRT, food network, HBO, and other been to Williston looking for "reality stars"? Probably not for a local 3am cable network show.

And by the way.....a comment like that and we all know you are new to ND.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:36 AM

12 posts, read 19,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kychlo View Post
Those dudes on the #1 show in America are great to look at aren't they!?!?!?!?!. Ever heard of GOLD RUSH. A show about the american dream! This would be similar to that. Seeing those women try and make it in the biggest oil boom in the history of the US. There have been some rather unintelligent comments on this forum but this one might top the list.

Why have IRT, food network, HBO, and other been to Williston looking for "reality stars"? Probably not for a local 3am cable network show.

And by the way.....a comment like that and we all know you are new to ND.
Please take it easy on me. I've worked in media and I can assure you this show will go nowhere. The girls have bad teeth. I'm not saying this to be mean but nobody in a large TV market like LA, Boston or NYC wants to watch a show with girls who have bad teeth. Just being brutally honest. No insult intended. I also said that I would watch the show as I find it very interesting. The public masses will not.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomofmovement View Post
Please take it easy on me. I've worked in media and I can assure you this show will go nowhere. The girls have bad teeth. I'm not saying this to be mean but nobody in a large TV market like LA, Boston or NYC wants to watch a show with girls who have bad teeth. Just being brutally honest. No insult intended. I also said that I would watch the show as I find it very interesting. The public masses will not.
Seriously, you have been here, and you don't think people will watch this show?? Have you read the threads and seen the interest, in the thousands...of people rushing here for jobs, and the "big oil field" money. This is probably the biggest oil boom ever in the U.S. I think there are millions of folks that will watch. The question is will the local leaders allow it to be aired?? That I have doubts about.
And, your reasoning...the girls have bad teeth?? You really aren't credible....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston