Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 06:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,061 times

Advertisements

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I am an administrative assistant looking for a place to rent near Williston ND. My search on Google only shows rentals for the guys working on the oil rigs I will not be making their kind of money so if anyone knows of a decent place to rent that wont charge me an arm and a leg could you please direct me? Thank you.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 07:35 AM

1,368 posts, read 3,217,187 times
My advice is to talk to your employer about providing temporary housing for you or providing some kind of housing assistance such as 1k a month towards your rent. If they refuse, don't take the position. You are priced out of the current rental market but it may not be as bad later this year (European crisis may cause a slowdown in rig activity) or next year (more housing is being built).

Chateau Walmart is closed and hotel rooms are difficult to come by some weeks. You may want to look at a camper for the summer as there are some RV places available according to other posters. However, those spots will dry up or close sometime in the fall.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:37 PM

114 posts, read 355,522 times
Praxedeznv

Listen to flyingcat2k, regular office wages will not buy you a bedroom to rent, if you could find one, in Williston. Just as he said, if the company is not willing to offer

$1,000.00/month extra for housing the numbers don't work. Everything else is higher also.

Then, what about moving costs? They are expensive in themselves, god forbid you have a vehicle breakdown.

By the way, anyone in Williston know a car mechanic that has not left for the oil patch that could look at a smaller SUV with a fuel leak and fix it without costing an arm an a leg?

Thanks, guys.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:16 AM

114 posts, read 355,522 times
I will answer my own question about car repair in Williston, I had the owner of one of the long time places tell me that the soonest you can even get a "look at" is 2 weeks out. Everyone he knows that used to run their own car repair places there has either taken their mechanical skills to the oil patch or can not stand the craziness of the boom town life in Williston and packed up and left. Anyone that is staying in business is charging shop time of anywhere from $110-$140 and hour plus parts. But these shops, the few that are left, have to pay their mechanics more to keep them too, $25/30 and hour, don't know if they give them any overtime.

Thanks to two awesome people from this forum, though, that fuel leak that could have blown up that SUV at a gas station, was fixed by a friend of a friend and the vehicle is back on the road. [HUGS]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
View detailed profiles of: