Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2012, 09:53 PM

3 posts, read 3,975 times

Advertisements

Along with the crazy amount of others I have seen on here I have been planning the trip. I dont have alot of cash but a great car and some family that lives about a hour and half from Williston so if worse comes to worse i can fall back there. My main concern is that I have missed the boom completly but I planned a winter trip in hopes that the cold weather drives some guys out so that I can get a job while the guys waiting for spring will have alot of competetion. I have lived in northern michigan my whole life so the cold wont be to bad for me, (Mind you i still think im gonna freeze my ass off.) But any ideas if this trip will be wasted? Due to some horrible family problems the money would mean alot to them and I am hoping that the good money out there that is talked about would be able to allow me to send some back to them. Thanks again for and advice or tips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 04:34 PM

53 posts, read 214,003 times
Good luck and please keep us posted with your progress. I am thinking about doing the same thing.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:19 PM

I will do my best I leave at 3am tonight or tommrow morning whatever you wanna call it. I am heading to minot first and looking for work to get me by until i build enough money up to continue on to williston. I will do my best to keep yall informed.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:56 AM

25 posts, read 71,322 times
Watford City is also a good place to look. They are jumping there!

Old 12-16-2012, 07:47 PM

Hey y'all I made it to williston fine. Working through bakken for now. Me and a few guys are splitting a hotel room so not to bad. It does get cold up here that's for sure. Worked every day since I've been here. Crazy town but love it. If anybody is coming here and is new message me and ill try to help. Btw got a lead on a oil job wish me luck.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:36 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Good for you. Post an update when you get time.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:37 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Some good info for those of you still planning a mid winter job hunting excursion: Have a place to stay, it is critical in our winter's.
Some advice from a N.D. resident about winter:Winter Weather
A winter survival kit from Nat'l Weather Service: http://www.crh.noaa.gov/images/ilx/p...rvival_Kit.pdf
A video from someone who's been here and worked the oil fields: North Dakota Oil Jobs Update (January 2012) - YouTube

Old 01-06-2013, 10:24 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,662,358 times
Glad you found work so quickly, maybe you can give some tips to these other people looking for work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston