Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2014, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,662 times

Advertisements

I am wanting to move to North Dakota. I am an Electrician I want to work in the oil or wind industry planning on going to school for aeronautics. I am single only thing I am brining is my dog clothes tools and great attitude.

1. Housing?
2. Jobs?
3. Aeronautical school near Housing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 10:04 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,002,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky37 View Post
I am wanting to move to North Dakota. I am an Electrician I want to work in the oil or wind industry planning on going to school for aeronautics. I am single only thing I am brining is my dog clothes tools and great attitude.

1. Housing?
2. Jobs?
For aeronautics....what are you looking for. Aircraft maintenance? Univ of North Dakota has a great flying school and Northland College in Thief River Falls MN has a top notch aircraft maintenance program and the only one in the entire country that teaches you to maintain UAS planes.

Northland Aerospace*–*Northland Community & Technical College*

Thief River is about an hours drive from Grand Forks. Now this isnt oil country.... and closer to Williston-Minot-Dickinson I am not aware of programs such as the one described.

I will let the regulars post here about the jobs/housing out that way as my knowledge is dwarfed by them as I live along the ND/MN border and away from that part of the region.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:16 PM

746 posts, read 1,728,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky37 View Post

1. Housing?
2. Jobs?
Grand Forks has industrial companies you might be interested in:

LM Windpower, a Danish company that builds wind blades and turbines.
Job openings world wide
They went through a big hiring spree, and then laid off people, so its cyclical.

Cirrus has been hiring in Grand Forks.
Cirrus Aircraft

Lockheed Martin and Northrup Grumman are also hiring for its UAVs center on the Grand Forks AFB. There are several other companies that are locating on a UAV industrial park there, called Grand Sky.

Home | Grand Sky

UND has a big training fleet, and is a leader in UAVs. That, and the air base and state government that is supportive of making UAVs standard is in the airspace are why Grand Forks is a national leader in the field. UND is building a new center for UAVs on campus.

Ideal Aerosmith is a local company that has expanded.

Career Opportunities - Ideal Aerosmith Stage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston