Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2015, 01:06 PM

18 posts, read 27,237 times

Advertisements

Hello, my name is Ray, I'm a 40 year old guy. Sign Painter and artist. I've recently been working as a handyman dealing with foreclosed houses. I'm looking for someone to team up with on the job and housing front. I have a few ideas how to do this. I do have a 30 ft camper I can bring up to Williston. But would like to get a full apartment or house with someone. Makes living so much nicer. But maybe a camper might be good for the first few months. I think lot rent for camper would be around $800 a month, split is 400.

I am planning on going early march. I live in Minnesota ( 8 hours away from Williston) so anyone coming from the east can get some rest on the way.

From the looks of it this seems to be a no brainer and relatively easy to accomplish. two or three working as a team we can get more feedback. Thanks for your time. Any questions just message me.

I have been to Williston and lived there for a few months so I do know where everything is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 08:01 PM

Well, its been tough going. I've tried to come up with a plan but unfortunately I've had to abandon the Williston trek for now. Just can't come up with the dough to comfortably make the move. Lots of places to live so it seems, lots of jobs too. Its a lot of money just to set up shop. Although I know in the long run it would be lucrative.

I do however got some good news. I secured a place to live in Fargo nd. Its even close to the mall and space aliens restaurant. My sons favorite! Plenty of jobs to grab too. I applied for a position at a CNC laser and router place. I don't even know what they make yet but its out of wood, that I know. With my sign making background it should be a piece of cake. They just want the candidate to know photoshop real well. No prob I say. Wish me luck. I'm glad its fargo actually. I plan on eating at a new restaurant once every week. I bet it would take a couple years to accomplish that but I'm gonna try. So many nice places to shop. ta ta for now.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:59 PM

204 posts, read 422,740 times
what do you mean a lot of money to set up shop? My husband plans to head out this spring too. I kinda wish you were still going. Might have been a good fit. He's a contractor/carpenter etc. thanks

Old 03-07-2015, 09:24 PM

Hi, I kinda wish I was still too. But I have a apt. in fargo now. Construction job fair on the 10th coming up. Have been working temp jobs for a couple of weeks now just waiting for const. to start up. Look on craigslist for Williston and youll see the price for some of the apts. for rent. I'd say pretty high yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston