Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2016, 08:19 AM

8 posts, read 12,377 times

Advertisements

Hi, I was wondering if anybody is headed north anytime soon? I'm planning to head up there jan. 2017.
Maybe we can hook up and do some job and apt search together. Just a thought. Trying to be more social is all. So many times Ive had to do something like this all alone which does not make it any easier. looks like the apts are cheap and the jobs are starting to open up a little more.

I've lived up in williston for a few months years ago and I know it has grown alot since then. Kinda excited!

With the oil climbing I'm thinking this is the perfect time to go.

rayray
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 10:19 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,940,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray111 View Post
Hi, I was wondering if anybody is headed north anytime soon? I'm planning to head up there jan. 2017.
Maybe we can hook up and do some job and apt search together. Just a thought. Trying to be more social is all. So many times Ive had to do something like this all alone which does not make it any easier. looks like the apts are cheap and the jobs are starting to open up a little more.

I've lived up in williston for a few months years ago and I know it has grown alot since then. Kinda excited!

With the oil climbing I'm thinking this is the perfect time to go.

rayray
I wouldn't move there (or anywhere) unless you have a job secured first.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:11 AM

8 posts, read 12,377 times
thanks for the reply ndak. i'm not to worried about that. I'm used to doing it.lol No really, I do have alot of work experience and a real quick learner.

I have found it very difficult to get a job without being there on the ground.

Do you by chance know of many sign shops in town? wasnt really thinking that is much of a possibility or anything but it would be awesome to work indoors. Other than that any form of construction is doable.

Also I'm gonna set up some oil painting classes as soon as I get up there. Like the bob ross ones! I think this would bring in some extra money on the side. I plan on doing community classes and private lessons. The private classes can be any kind of oil painting. I'm sure alot of bored people would like to get together have some fun and paint!

Old 12-31-2016, 08:42 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,940,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray111 View Post
thanks for the reply ndak. i'm not to worried about that. I'm used to doing it.lol No really, I do have alot of work experience and a real quick learner.

I have found it very difficult to get a job without being there on the ground.

Do you by chance know of many sign shops in town? wasnt really thinking that is much of a possibility or anything but it would be awesome to work indoors. Other than that any form of construction is doable.

Also I'm gonna set up some oil painting classes as soon as I get up there. Like the bob ross ones! I think this would bring in some extra money on the side. I plan on doing community classes and private lessons. The private classes can be any kind of oil painting. I'm sure alot of bored people would like to get together have some fun and paint!
Every job I've had has been from a distance away. There's no way I could afford to move somewhere and then get a job. I don live in Williston so have no idea what jobs are available there. This site might help. Williston, ND - Free Classifieds - Help Wanted
The painting would be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston