Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 07:38 AM

2 posts, read 3,235 times

Advertisements

Hello, My Husband and I are in our 50's and want to make a change in our life and want to want to move from Ohio to North Dakota Can't wait to make the change it will be wonderful so if any one has a house for rent around ////williston or surrounding area please contact me ASAP. Also my Son and his wife want to start anew also and move too so we need to houses for rent please email me at [email]kelleys1054@yahoo.com[/email]. thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 07:47 AM

2 posts, read 3,235 times
Wink need rental homes

Hello North Dakota, If anyone has 2 houses for rent.,we would love to rent them. My husband and i in one and my son and his wife in the ther houe. Both husband and son can do all maintaince they both are carpenters and can do anything that need to be done to the houe. W e ust want a Big change in our lives 43 year in one place i enough now its time to move to BEAUTIFUL NORTH DAKOTA pleae let me know if anything i available in williston or surrounding areas thank you

Old 02-23-2012, 08:53 AM

2,707 posts, read 6,232,941 times
Do you know anything about the Williston area??

Finding a place to rent is nearly impossible. And that means dumpy, little apartments.
If you manage to find not one, but 2 houses to rent I'm going to ask you predict this week's PowerBall because you're obviously the luckiest soul in the country...

Old 02-23-2012, 09:28 AM

1,928 posts, read 5,166,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
Do you know anything about the Williston area??

Finding a place to rent is nearly impossible. And that means dumpy, little apartments.
If you manage to find not one, but 2 houses to rent I'm going to ask you predict this week's PowerBall because you're obviously the luckiest soul in the country...
Ain't that last sentence the truth!!!

Old 02-23-2012, 09:31 AM

80 posts, read 272,152 times
Isn't things slowing down up there?

Old 02-23-2012, 09:52 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleys1054 View Post
Hello North Dakota, If anyone has 2 houses for rent.,we would love to rent them. My husband and i in one and my son and his wife in the ther houe. Both husband and son can do all maintaince they both are carpenters and can do anything that need to be done to the houe. W e ust want a Big change in our lives 43 year in one place i enough now its time to move to BEAUTIFUL NORTH DAKOTA pleae let me know if anything i available in williston or surrounding areas thank you
Considering this is a major life change I strongly suggest you do a tad bit more research about the area, as based on your question you seem to know nothing about the current conditions in western ND. Just try looking at several of the previous posts on this board, such as the one regarding rent for some dumpy apartments jumping from $750 a month to over $3000 a month. If land lords are charging $3000 a month for an apartment that should be all you need to know about the housing situation.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:18 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleys1054 View Post
Not to be unkind. There are no houses for rent because there has been an oil boom the last few years. There are apartments being built, and some houses being built ongoingly, but it may take a few years to catch up w/ the dire needs. There are men and some women living in mancamps, which is supplied by there employer. If I might suggest, your husband and son could check out the various oil companies, and perhaps secure mancamp housing for themselves, and you and daughter in law could remain at your present location til such time as either of them secure housing, then come. Please read the many threads asking about housing, jobs, etc. This has been an ongoing problem for the last few years. And, the other poster said it, there are little apartments renting for 3000 mth....this because there is more demand than supply. Check on rentals, you may find one for that price range.
Just read other entries to this thread....which started in 07'.
There are no places currently to even park a trailer, camper....you may check that this spring summer.....maybe you could try that, and build a house to share if you could find land for sale. Please so the research, as there isn't even a homeless shelter here, and there are homeless people making six figure incomes....crazy times. Good luck

Old 02-23-2012, 08:20 PM

979 posts, read 3,669,108 times
Kellys1054...like everyone has said. Housing is very difficult to find, let alone 2 houses to rent. There are workers and families doubling and tripling up in rentals. For those who are fortunate to have purchased a home, many are sharing their homes with extended families until their extended families can secure their own housing. If you do come, you are welcome, but don't come unless you have made housing arrangements. This is VERY serious, and please do not just show up, or you will be sleeping in your vehichles for months. You may have made a mistake of posting an e-mail where people can contact you (you will probably get some scammer who will ask you to send them an advance payment for housing that they will pretend to have for you...DON"T DO IT)... It does not work that way. People in Williston with available housing do not NEED to seek out people to rent from them...there are already thousands in Williston seeking that housing. They have waiting lists for apartments, new homes, trailers. Apartments are pretty much snatched up BEFORE they are even ready for occupancy (many times by a company who is securing multiple units for their workers and families) . You will see holes in the ground where a foundation is being poured for a new house...there is likely a sign in front of that hole that says "sale pending"....Drive up this spring (when the weather is not so cold) and check things out to make sure this is what you really want. But unless you want to sleep in your vehicle along some city street, make sure to make advanced reservations at one of the many $150-$200 night hotels...IF you can find one with a vacancy. Good Luck! But plan things out in advance and be prepared...this is no joke.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:31 PM

174 posts, read 378,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafeeder View Post
Isn't things slowing down up there?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....no, things aren't "slowing down". It is just getting harder for more people with no skills or experience to find work here because of the influx of people.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:00 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Roloff1976 You said that exactly right!!! People need to listen to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston