U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 05:17 PM

6,742 posts, read 11,151,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
So your upset because Wisconsin is concerned about its water ? Its those dange concerned beaurocrats that worry about clean/non polluted water?
Most areas of the country should be so lucky.
Oh Like MMSD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 07:28 PM

113 posts, read 153,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGrl View Post
Do you just wait for me to post something so you can automatically disagree? The founding fathers would laugh if they saw the level of government meddling in our daily, PERSONAL lives today. Keep your laws off my dishwasher.
I don't know why you think I am waiting to disagree with something you specifically say.
Say what you want about how much the government interferes, but how can one say that what an individual puts into everyone's water is a personal choice when in fact it is the exact opposite.

This "i hate everything the government does" vibe is tiresome.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:55 PM

141 posts, read 141,443 times
If people would only realize what phosphates and their overloading do to the river and streams, they wouldn't care about their dishes so much. I bet it is a lot cheaper to ban phosphates in detergents than it is to remove it at our wastewater facilities. Once it gets into the environment it is readily absorbed and stays in the the natural world which costs much to clean up which the gov't would foot the bill.
I'm glad they banned phosphates. Now if they would only ban other things that are wrecking the states water resources.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:45 AM

4,465 posts, read 4,398,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Thanks to our blue-green political buracracy, Wisconsin residents can no longer use dish washing detergents that contain more than .03 percent phosphate. Just in case you thought your dishwasher was broken (like I did) because now glasses actually come out spottier than when they go in. While the rest of the country continues to use phosates, we here in Wisconsin can wave oour green flags proudly...not that any of our elected officials asked us first. Guess we're not responsible enough to decide for ourselves....sheesh.
Obviously we did decide- it's call government.

Our dishes have not been affected- suggest the problem may be a lack of grease- elbow grease.

Other states also ban phospates, because like us they are subject to 'Liebig's Law of The Minimum'.

No, not passed by the Assembly, but a scientific reality first understood by Prof. Liebig back in the 50's, that states life/species density will depend upon the least available nutrient in the eco-system:

And that for aquatic systems is phospate.

In short, ya like clean water, ya love the phospate ban.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:43 AM

146 posts, read 189,548 times
Stupid govment always banning things. I want to be able to use DDT again!

Old 09-30-2010, 10:55 AM

6,476 posts, read 5,363,978 times
Quote:
Do you just wait for me to post something so you can automatically disagree? The founding fathers would laugh if they saw the level of government meddling in our daily, PERSONAL lives today. Keep your laws off my dishwasher.
This is my favorite over-the-top post on C-D today!

Keep your laws off of my dishwasher. Priceless!

Old 09-30-2010, 07:42 PM

261 posts, read 308,392 times
The founding fathers would have hung anyone poisoning the drinking water LOL!!!

Old 09-30-2010, 07:56 PM

2,041 posts, read 3,432,417 times
Here's something to ponder. Is there really such a thing as dirty dishes, or is it just a reflection of a dirty mind? Try thinking clean and pure thoughts, and I bet you'll see the difference reflected in your sparkling dishes!

Old 10-01-2010, 06:26 PM

2,256 posts, read 1,563,124 times
buy some on the internet. No big deal.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:28 PM

90 posts, read 200,496 times
Default This tastes funny

Quote:
Sure, the founding fathers would laugh. They would laugh at people complaining about the comforts of modern life and the opportunity to have clean water.

People complain about the government in general until their water is too polluted to drink, and then they complain the government is not doing enough.

Wouldn't it be nice if those people who want government oversight of our health could drink clean water, and those not wanting government oversight could drink the water they pollute? That would make life easy.

To be completely serious, the founding fathers were diverse in opinion. Some would be opposed to such oversight, and others for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
View detailed profiles of: