Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2008, 05:32 PM

15 posts, read 52,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekduo View Post
There is a railroad museum and other museums in Carson Park in Eau Claire, WI. That is also close to Bloomer. Here is a link to Chippewa Valley Railroading Information. Click on the link for Carson Park.
Chippewa Valley Railroading Information Page
Thanks for the link, I'm definitely going to check into it!

Gallon...those pics of the train interior, that's exactly what I remember it to look like!!! Oh this is soo cool!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if that's the place but I do know that those pics are bringing back a lot of childhood memories. Wow..this is awesome...the reason it is so dear to my heart because my grandfather passed away shortly after that, it was one of the last times I saw him. Thanks all!!!!!!!

Ok I just looked up the Laona train on google and BINGO...that's the one! I remember the name now...the LUmberjack Steam Train!

Last edited by bum fugly; 08-10-2008 at 05:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Alot of cameras on the market that are digital having different settings.. Mine has a landscape setting and I do some minor editing when I upload them.... They usually come out pretty good.... Another thing that helps is we live in a beautiful state.

I would look at kodaks they're usually pretty nice.... Most people get the small point and shoot cameras they're ok and around $100. The cameras that are a bit bigger tend to take better landscape shots etc.... I use a Kodak DX6490.... I think Kodak offers a Z712 which is pretty cool and only around 200-275? I think....

Thanks Josh! Mine is so old, the pics are not even close to being this clear and vivid in colors.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:04 PM

286 posts, read 1,150,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bum fugly View Post
Thanks for the link, I'm definitely going to check into it!

Gallon...those pics of the train interior, that's exactly what I remember it to look like!!! Oh this is soo cool!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if that's the place but I do know that those pics are bringing back a lot of childhood memories. Wow..this is awesome...the reason it is so dear to my heart because my grandfather passed away shortly after that, it was one of the last times I saw him. Thanks all!!!!!!!

Ok I just looked up the Laona train on google and BINGO...that's the one! I remember the name now...the LUmberjack Steam Train!
Happy I could help. Did you check out my L&N gallery?
The link was given underneath the photos.

Concerning a camera for you. Do you have a price range? What type of photos do you take? I know that can be a difficult question to get a handle on.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallon View Post
Happy I could help. Did you check out my L&N gallery?
The link was given underneath the photos.

Concerning a camera for you. Do you have a price range? What type of photos do you take? I know that can be a difficult question to get a handle on.
I didn't notice the link but now I did! I've bookmarked it so I can look at it really well this evening...thanks!

My price range for a camera is $300 or less. I'm hoping at that price, I can get something that will take really nice pics as I'm a huge fan of scenic photos like all of you have been posting...I've just never been able to take them myself. So most of my photos would be outside...ALSO, I'm looking for one that takes REALLY good night photos - like of cityscapes or Christmas lights.

Thanks again!

Old 08-11-2008, 08:19 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,604,841 times
As I got up for work this morning I looked out my window at the farm fields and noticed all the fog... I had to get a picture of it. Was pretty cool....

Then I was bored tonight and hopped in the car and drove to the county highway down yonder... lol

These pictures are relatively the same... Maybe just a different angle.... In the distance is Cascade Mountain Ski Area...

Old 08-13-2008, 12:20 AM

1 posts, read 3,439 times
Default Excellent

Its a very good quality pictures from JoshB and Snowflake. Its amazing man. The angle and the situation is very appreciable.

================
peter
[URL="http://www.treatmentcenters.org/wisconsin"]Wisconsin Treatment Centers[/URL]
[link=http://www.treatmentcenters.org/wisconsin Wisconsin Treatment Centers]

Old 08-13-2008, 03:30 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,604,841 times
Thanks Peter!

Old 08-14-2008, 02:22 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Sweet shots! I grabbed a quick fog pic this morning as well.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:40 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
Love that shot of the dog and the view, too. Fog and sunsets are my thing, great shots!

I keep telling my sister I need to get a camera so I can get some shots here in TR with the rivers and lake. I'd like to get some of the old fishing boats that go out in the a.m. from Susie Qs fish company. They had some awesome shots of them this winter in the paper when they came back looking like floating igloos for all the ice on them.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:04 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,137 times
Copper Falls State Park
The Lord is Good

Copper Steps

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin