U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2010, 07:03 PM

68 posts, read 164,537 times

Advertisements

So I am currently an undergraduate studying psychology in my third year of school. I am hoping (praying!) that I find a job after graduation where I can make at least a livable income and then work on getting my masters in school counseling. I would love to be a high school guidance counselor. I am wondering if anyone has some insight on this. Is there a lot of jobs available or will I have trouble? I have done some research online that all seems positive. I have read online some things saying that the career field has more openings than applicants; other sources say it’s growing as fast as the average for other careers, and I’ve even heard people say it’s next to impossible to find employment in this field. Anyone work in education and have some insight on this or even just some general knowledge? I have attempted to talk to the head of the program at my school UW-Milwaukee but they weren’t very interested in helping. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 11:02 AM

164 posts, read 509,321 times
Sorry, you want guidance about...guidance? Why don't you contact some high schools in the area you want to be and get your foot in the door, or build your resume with some volunteer guidance work in your community? I always thought that an undergrad degree in psychology alone was not the ticket to a great career, without a lot of additional grad work.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
View detailed profiles of: