U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 08:23 PM

1,587 posts, read 6,697,138 times

Advertisements

Who is ready for the Wisconsin gun opener?
Who all goes to camp?
How about the hunter widows speak up about their plans also.

Just to say Good luck to those going out hunting. To those traveling to camp and relatives for Thanksgiving be safe and have fun. To the mentors out there, thank you for keeping tradition alive and taking a kid hunting.

To those who go shopping on Black Friday, have fun and hopefully get want you want without getting crushed in the frenzy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 08:32 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,146,134 times
what can i say?
OK, hope the happyness.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:39 AM

4,281 posts, read 9,472,434 times
Hubby is probably up a tree as we 'speak'..!

I won't be heading out this year. Still recovering from Blasto.

As for Black Friday, I'll be watching everyone on T.V. I've never been shopping on that day, and plan to keep the 'tradition' alive!

I'm going to be catching up on my artwork and visiting our local gallery.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:16 PM

I got lucky this am. Went to moms for breakfast after standing 3 hours and at 10 am went back out gave kids choice of stands and they let me go back in area we call ankle breaker as rocky and thick pines and popple slashings. Hit doe bleat nothing had a smoke hit bleat again and then made it sound like walking away and heard sticks snap and seen a rack. 150 approximate pound dressed 8 pointer walked in sniffed scrape and stepped into shooting lane. First shot in heart and he took off shot again took out lung. Dropped 50 yards from first shot. Looked him over and seen hole in hind quarter and was thinking wow I did bad second shot quartering away. Thought about it a no way as was on opposite side of where shooting and first took shoulder (heart) and then the lung on #2. No blood by hole and when gutted no hole through so stuck finger in and went about 3/4 inch. Guessing a bigger buck caught him and stuck a antler in hind quarter. Never seen that before. He was still rubbing also as had a lot of bark in antlers. Hoping tomorrow 1 f the 2 sons with me this weekend can find the big one who hurt this one.
I had to wonder though if neighbor helped me get this one as he died 2 weeks ago and was a hunting partner and I believe in ghost and such. Was first time in 3 years even fired a shot at a deer as with kids mentor hunts and such I rarely carried gun last year and year before did not even see a deer.

tet tea hope your hubby has as good of luck and Happy Thanksgiving.
Hoping recovery is good and get to go next year and keep your "Black Friday" tradition alive!

Old 11-21-2010, 06:13 AM

14,264 posts, read 24,013,182 times
Gun season - the season where you see all of the bright orange up in trees ... and the pickup trucks out in the middle of cornfields.

Good luck and be safe.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:50 PM

Thanks for luck and safety is #1 here.

Here one got opening morning this year. Not a monster but meat will be good.
Attached Thumbnails
Who is ready for the Gun opener?-8-pointer.jpg  

Old 11-22-2010, 07:45 AM

8,262 posts, read 16,379,760 times
Is Highway 29 still the dividing line for rifle/shotgun?

Old 11-22-2010, 09:19 AM

947 posts, read 2,116,464 times
Being brought up in the city, we are not hunters, but we fish every chance we get. One of the big changes we encountered in the country is having to be careful walking on our property and the adjoining areas and hearing gunshot all around us. We understand why people are into the tradition and respect that. We also talked about getting a gun for protection when we get ready to settle there, because the area is so isolated. I am actually warming to the idea of taking target practice, always happy to try something new. As for hunting, the only thing I could ever see myself shooting would be a turkey. LOL. We have seen bear on our property, but so far, they run when people are around.

I am working on Thanksgiving and hope everyone has a blessed one. Trying to get hub to take me to Bass Pro on Friday for hiking boots and flannel lined jeans-low prices. We are saving for a flat bottomed jon boat to take on the river. Hard to fish in a canoe.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:58 PM

Capt. Dan
They use rifles south certain areas shotgun only but most rifle and some of that just changed this year also.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:48 PM

2,747 posts, read 425,838 times
Don't hunt myself, but was at the NTC campus here in Phillips on Monday evening and a lady got a call from her 15 year old sone who was so excited he could hardly speak. He had just come in from shooting a 17 point buck. His first deer ever! Good luck to all of you and stay safe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin