Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2007, 03:04 PM

396 posts, read 1,692,777 times

Advertisements

Here are some of mine:

1) Pewaukee Lake has a free concert by the beach every Weds, night. We pack a picnic and sit on the shore, listen to music and watch the sun set.

2)I love to garden and spent a lot of time outside with my flowers. I love watching the hummingbirds. The hummingbird garden My blog with pictures.

3) My son and I take an annual trip to the honey museum in Ashippun and then go strawberry picking nearby.

4) We usually hit Summerfest or one of the many festivals downtown.

5) Go to a Brewers game complete with tailgating with our little hibachi and brats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 04:47 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,668,349 times
1) Go for a run along the greater Milwaukee Lakefront area (from Downtown / Coast restaurant up through the McKinley Marina area, Bradford Beach area, up through the East Side)

2) Get a coffee or food at Alterra by the Milwaukee Lakefront and people watch

3) Get some drinks on the cool various outdoor patios of bars in Milwaukee's Downtown, Third Ward and the East Side; especially do so at the Harp under an 80 degree sky and watch the boaters and rowers come by on the Milwaukee River

4) Walk Downtown Milwaukee's gorgeous Riverwalk and again watch the rowers coming through

5) EAT FROZEN CUSTARD! (In Milwaukee: Kopp's, Kitt's, Leon's, Oscar's, Gilles, some of the best)

6) Go to Brewers games...and tailgate!

7) Go up to Green Bay and watch some Packers' practices

8) Go out to the country (eg: in the Milwaukee area, head out to Jackson, West Bend, etc.) and get some freshly grown sweet corn. Roast it. Butter it. Eat it!

9) Go for a run near sunset in a place like Jackson, the outskirts of Hartford, etc., on some country roads, and you'll hear wonderful silence

10) Enjoy a sunny, warm day on the beaches of Pewaukee Lake or Milwaukee's Lakefront

11) Eat greasy, wonderful food at SummerFest, drink a few cold Sprechers, and watch a great band there

12) Take the family to one of Milwaukee metro area's wonderful and vast many parks

13) Golf at one of the many tremendous and underrated state golf courses

14) A road trip up and through Door County

15) Savor each and every wonderful day...because winter's coming around the corner!

Old 07-17-2007, 05:21 PM

537 posts, read 1,932,627 times
1. Enjoy my own garden
2. I also like the Farmers Market
3. Country Fairs, we are heading to the one in Lincoln Co, Friday.
4. Gorgeous sunsets.
5. Birds singing.
6. Grilling out.
7. Cutting the grass and loving the smell.
8. I was walking this AM and I saw the neighbor bottle feeding her new calf. So cute.
9. Enjoying the restaurants that have outdoor patios.
10. Fresh cut flowers.
11. Freshly cut hay bales standing in the fields.
12. Sunflowers waving in the fields.
13. All the great places to go swimming.
14. Paddling down the WI river in our canoe.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:58 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,298,752 times
1. Buy fresh local produce (and people-watch) at the Dane County Farmers' Market.
2. Take a picnic supper downtown and attend Concerts on the Square by the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra.
3. Pack a picnic supper and attend a play - Shakespeare or Shaw, by preference - at American Players' Theatre in Spring Green.
4. Spend a long weekend in Door County.
5. Chat with neighbors over the fence while we're both weeding the garden
6. Set up the 300-lb smoker and fill it up with a couple of briskets, three or four chickens and a rack of ribs for 10 or 12 hours or so, then have a bunch of neighbors over to join us at the picnic table to feast.
7. Swat mosquitoes.
8. Go for a walk without boots and earmuffs!

Old 09-07-2009, 03:57 PM

1 posts, read 4,870 times
This is grampabob here: there is nothing better then getting up early and going fishing. camping goes side by side with this. I have seen some of the most pristine lake in this State and theres nothing more relaxing.I live right here in west baraboo. I am semi retired and have been married this month 36 years.I have a nice bass boat and sure would enjoy company fishing if anyone is interested.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:37 PM

105 posts, read 355,926 times
Default good post!

Just some...

gardening; enjoy the fruits of the labors as summer progresses - either smelling the flowers, or enjoying the vegetables!
farmer's markets on Saturday's
Going 'up north' (Hayward) for relaxing weekends with family
visiting Leinenkugel's Brewery in Chippawa Falls
going to the "Great Taste of the Midwest" in Madison - over 150 beers from the best midwest breweries!
Nashotah House Bluesfest
Waukesha Bluesfest at Nagawicka Park...
Grafton Bluesfest...
any outdoors music at local places
At least one of the Milwaukee festivals...either Summerfest, Irishfest, or Indian Summer are my favs....
(I see a pattern here, don't you??
and really, just
being outside as much as possible...since summer is really short, and it needs to be savored!

Old 09-08-2009, 04:50 PM

105 posts, read 355,926 times
ok...now I noticed this was a very very old post...
But Wisconsin is still fun in the summer, anyway!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin