Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 08:48 PM

31 posts, read 117,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimom View Post
I've live in EC for 20 years, starting as a student at the University. The newspaper publishes a monthly map showing where crimes occur, and the "bad" areas for crime are dowtown and the Water Street area. As for the North side being older, there are many newer areas on the north side. I think properties there are priced lower because they are less convenient. All your major shopping is on the south side. And I personally would prefer to send my kids to Memorial HS on the south side, rather than North HS. Test scores at Memorial are slightly higher, and students there historically have been more involved in after-school activities. As for gangs, there have been some problems with Hmong gangs, although minimal. However, the problems have been more frequent at North HS than at Memorial, which has fewer Hmong students.
Because we all know if they were white gangs, there wouldn't be any problems at all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 10:04 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverwest.sol View Post
Because we all know if they were white gangs, there wouldn't be any problems at all...
Their white gangs, they're called the Mafia, Outlaws, Hells Angels and Hackers.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:17 PM

1 posts, read 5,730 times
Aiy check this out. I lived in Eau Claire most my teen years and I was seriously into the whole drug and gang scene. I have changed dramatically after seeing a few friends go to prison. Like mentioned above, the most that goes on in Eau Claire is heavy drug trafficing and im talking heavy. At Delong middle school, me and my friends carried oz's of weed and pills to school in our backpacks and casual skate off from school to go make a drop off for whoever supplied us. At the end of a week, we'd be paid in either weed or money ranging from $50 to $300 or a eighth of weed to a oz. That was 7th and 8th grade. In high shcool, you can bet yo ass we were heavy into the wrong ****. But honestly, ive only been in 3 fights in Eau Claire compared to almost being shot over the colors of my clothes in Cali. Yea EC is nothing to complain about until you live in a huge city. I recommend parents stop being so laid back and be right in your kids life nosey and all. Go through his or her things, I mean, you put a roof over their heads and cloth them right? You have the right to protect them. Oh and examine your childs friends parents cuz I can guarantee you that 70% of the drugs in EC are provided by parents, uncles and aunts or another form of family. Parents tend to have the attitude that their kids are saints which they probably are but that can all change in 1 night. Just smuther your kids even if they start to hate you, they will be better off in the future!

Old 08-15-2010, 01:17 PM

6 posts, read 29,356 times
I am 40 year old black male moving to Wisconsin for my job. I would like to know where is it safe to live with diversified cultures that is not to far from ft. mccoy. I have to heard a lot about Eau Claire, Madison Is there anything closer? I can get along with anyone just want to live a safe environment.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:21 PM

I am 40 year old black male moving to Wisconsin for my job. I would like to know where is it safe to live with diversified cultures that is not to far ft. mccoy. I have to heard a lot about Eau Claire, Madison Is there anything closer?

Old 08-15-2010, 02:11 PM

EC would be way to far in my opinion and I wouldn't want to commute to madison either. The only thing I would rec. would be La Crosse, Wisconsin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which is a 30-40 min drive to and from McCoy.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:04 PM

Milwaukee City thank you for your help in this search. How do they feel about different races?

Old 08-15-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESmith001 View Post
Milwaukee City thank you for your help in this search. How do they feel about different races?
Well it's not rural Alabama and from what I have seen up there, they are used to seeing minorities you shouldn't have a problem. Again this is WI and I don't think you would have a problem pretty much anywhere in WI except rural "Up North" WI near Mercer, WI.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:59 AM

Milwaukee City I think I will try La Crosse it's close and it's metropolitan city, which should have what I want. I may have questions about things to do in WI. I love to travel I have traveled all over Europe. Thanks you again If you ever want to travel here look me up.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:04 AM

Milwaukee City what would you recommend as far as somewhere to live in La Crosse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin