U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-18-2011, 07:14 PM

35 posts, read 90,036 times

Advertisements

I've been in the Marinette/Menominee, MI area for a few months and cannot get a good haircut and trim. Does anyone know where the black Packer players get their haircut? Or any black barber shop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 08:09 PM

88 posts, read 133,152 times
They drive to Milwaukee...

Old 02-20-2011, 07:23 AM

49 posts, read 97,241 times
Default I-43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon357 View Post
They drive to Milwaukee...
I have heard this for years. Shopping and services they get together and head to Milwaukee or even Chicago. Some won't even go to Best Buy in Ashwaubenon for fear of being bothered-- He's Black, must be a Packer!.
There are some posts on this forum about shop in Appleton but I think that one caters to women.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:24 PM

2 posts, read 5,058 times
lmfao

Old 09-09-2011, 08:15 AM

133 posts, read 149,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaDoggie View Post
I have heard this for years. Shopping and services they get together and head to Milwaukee or even Chicago. Some won't even go to Best Buy in Ashwaubenon for fear of being bothered-- He's Black, must be a Packer!.
There are some posts on this forum about shop in Appleton but I think that one caters to women.
this whole post is so full of crap , the packers are all over the businesses in the stadium area everyday they are in twon. want to see some go to some of the coffee shops right across from the stadium. everyone from Arron to DD the whole offensive line. people respect teh Packer players privacy and act accordingly.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:53 AM

133 posts, read 149,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by restorey View Post
this whole post is so full of crap , the packers are all over the businesses in the stadium area everyday they are in twon. want to see some go to some of the coffee shops right across from the stadium. everyone from Arron to DD the whole offensive line. people respect teh Packer players privacy and act accordingly.
One day I will learn to slow down on my typing, but you get tht gist of what i was saying.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:48 PM

33 posts, read 71,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rush View Post
I've been in the Marinette/Menominee, MI area for a few months and cannot get a good haircut and trim. Does anyone know where the black Packer players get their haircut? Or any black barber shop?
There was a black barber shop on the west side of GB owned by a pastor's son, of the first black church in Green Bay, WI

The shop is a few doors south of Broadway and Walnut Intersection. A Soul food restaurant called "Taste of the South" is on the same street (South Broadway). Many black people go there to dine so they may be able to help.

Haven't been over that way for awhile so the Barber shop it might not be there anymore but--

For anyone Black needing anything coming in new to the area - connection and fellowship, it's where it's always been when in a strange land, our churches. Contact Divine Temple Church of God in Christ. They have a very diverse congregation of Black people and a center for business development as well. Beautiful pastoral couple originally from Milwaukee. At the least, they would know where the black barbers and hair care are. If you need fellowship with other believers, well what more could you ask? Attend a Bible study or church service.

Divine Temple Church of God in Christ
Pastor L.C. and Alice Green
425 Cherry Street (Downtown)
Green Bay, Wisconsin 54301
(920) 436-9740
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin