Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 08:54 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,410,470 times

Advertisements

IMHO, people definitely exaggerate the dreary/wintery part of it. There have been many pretty Spring days so far. Ideal temp? Flip-flop weather? Maybe not. (Although I have worn my flip-flops out a couple times.) It's a beautiful sunny Easter morning.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:02 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,557,270 times
You seem a little depressed. I'm sorry you're not happy.
I love it here in WI and this is my first year here. My friends in the south are complaining about the heat and humidity (over 90 degrees down there for the past several days). It's only April! If you think the winter is long in WI, try a summer in Houston, New Orleans or PHX. Today was great and tomorrow looks even better! Try to get outside and walk or whatever even when it's cool. Enjoy the beauty of nature and the spring awakening.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:44 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,860,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandy View Post
My friends in the south are complaining about the heat and humidity (over 90 degrees down there for the past several days). It's only April! If you think the winter is long in WI, try a summer in Houston, New Orleans or PHX.
I remember living in places like that. People complain about the hot weather down there just like they do the cold up here. In the north, some might get depressed at the lack of sunshine. In the south, people often are angry and short-tempered which is often fueled by hot weather. No place is perfect in terms of weather.
An observation I find interesting is that people in Wisconsin seem much more outdoorsy than any place I ever encountered in the south. I like that.

The OP should have worded it differently. I certainly wouldn't tell everyone to never move here. It's a really nice place for those who don't mind winter, or don't give a crap about what the weather is doing.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:44 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,304,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
I remember living in places like that. People complain about the hot weather down there just like they do the cold up here. In the north, some might get depressed at the lack of sunshine. In the south, people often are angry and short-tempered which is often fueled by hot weather. No place is perfect in terms of weather.
An observation I find interesting is that people in Wisconsin seem much more outdoorsy than any place I ever encountered in the south. I like that.

The OP should have worded it differently. I certainly wouldn't tell everyone to never move here. It's a really nice place for those who don't mind winter, or don't give a crap about what the weather is doing.
Your right that I should have worded it different. It was written in a moment of great frustration over the long, endless winter.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:07 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
it's been nothing but cloudy and cool here too for a couple weeks now.. just never ending clouds. Quite unusual actually.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:27 AM

647 posts, read 1,663,726 times
Around this time of the year I tend to get a little ornary because we've had a few tastes of Spring weather, only to be crapped on by the lingering effects of Winter. It's wellworth the wait though, especially when you see things start to grow again, and the birds coming back, chirping away.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:41 AM

352 posts, read 781,042 times
If it's any consolation, we've been having the same type of weather here in Connecticut. Damp, cold, cloudy, drizzly, and rainy for the past two months (after a really rough winter).

I think the sun finally did come out today, I'm not quite sure what that strange light is in the sky.....

Old 04-26-2011, 02:12 PM

570 posts, read 1,753,198 times
Move to Phoenix. It's been 90 degrees for a month now. Only another 25 degrees and it will be summer!
I can only wish I had the simple option of putting more clothes on to go outside and actively enjoy the day. Can't wait to move back to WI and enjoy 4 seasons. I love spring, summer, fall, and winter in our farm home in WI! Nice variety.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:17 PM

570 posts, read 1,753,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone1 View Post
I'm nearly 51 years old and I do think this has been the longest winter I have ever experienced. About a month ago when we had a 60 degree day, even the weather announcer said that was the fist day it had been 60 since November 10th. Even the extended forecast is calling for snow showers next Sunday, the 1st day of May, not encouraging. I could see why some people would have a hard time living in Alaska.
I remember it snowing sometimes in May when I grew up in Wisconsin in the 70's and 80's. I think most people have forgotten about that with the climate change. I even heard people complaining about snow in March It's Wisconsin, not Georgia

Old 04-26-2011, 03:55 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,304,576 times
Yesterday was a nice sunny day, a little on the cool side but nice enough to walk a trail in the park. But today its rainy and cold and the next two days will be the same. That means one nice day in 6 months! where one can walk outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin