U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 07:01 PM

300 posts, read 69,743 times

Advertisements

I moved here last year, and I am simply amazed at the lack of concern coming from locals in regards to the level of corruption that exists in the Walworth county government and sheriffs office.

This isn't a "omg, i got a ticket, the police must be corrupt post", but I happen to like Wisconsin and would like to stay in the state, but I certainly don't want to put up with anything even close to the sheer amount of BS that goes on in Walworth county and the townships within it.

Are any others worse, or even close to Walworth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 08:59 PM

5,307 posts, read 3,294,768 times
To be honest, I've never heard anything about this. I live in nearby Jefferson County, but do some business in Walworth. I've never had any real issues.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:05 AM

3 posts, read 8,530 times
Without a doubt it is the most corrupt county in WI. I lived in Lake Geneva for 5 years and it is as bad as it gets. It comes down to money, they want yours, they make up laws, they have had more convictions overturned then any county by over 30%. Most of the local cops are on the take, which is sad, because the good ones get lumped in with the them.

Every single judge is on the take in that county, Koss (DA) and his asst. DA's are as unprofessional and unethical as they come, money, money, money.....thats all they want.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:58 PM

300 posts, read 69,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBREWCREW View Post
Without a doubt it is the most corrupt county in WI. I lived in Lake Geneva for 5 years and it is as bad as it gets. It comes down to money, they want yours, they make up laws, they have had more convictions overturned then any county by over 30%. Most of the local cops are on the take, which is sad, because the good ones get lumped in with the them.

Every single judge is on the take in that county, Koss (DA) and his asst. DA's are as unprofessional and unethical as they come, money, money, money.....thats all they want.

That is what I am rapidly finding out. The town of Delavan especially, and the asst. DA's just seem to be almost laughably corrupt. ADA Zeke Wiedenfeld is simply a joke.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:02 AM

Koss is a saint there, they hide behind the law but when it comes down to it, they are all just getting rich on railroading people. Some group did a study out of DC 10 years ago and came up with Walworth county being the most corrupt or close to it.

The kingpin Koss is the issue, he is making that county his own little road to bigger riches, they will slip one day and when they do, its going to be fun them go through the system and get what they deserve.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:08 AM

And to make it even more corrupt, Koss is now running for judge, good luck with that Walworth county.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,424 times
Walworth county is the only place I've lived where the the county thrives on being corrupt. In 2010 after I exited a bar I had pulled myself over to park in a legal place so I could use my cell phone. It was about 1:00 am, and I was legally parked on the side of a road. A police officer saw me there and immediately pulled up behind me, put his lights on and detained me. No crime was being done, no suspicious activities that he could report, -- just a community service check. Come to find out he asked if I had been drinking that night,and I said I had some beer, and then I was told I needed to do a road side test, which I refused, because I thought they had no legal basis. Turns out they can do this kind of call whenever they want, in walworth county , while other counties are required to abide by a statue and need some kind of extenuating circumstances,or emergency. I refused a road breath test,so I was taken in and forced to do a blood draw. I was then required to get a lawyer, who set the case up for us to look like we had a chance to win, because the cop was outside of his jurisdiction. Turns out the judge can decide if this is relevant and he can decide to overlook this small detail . He decided to make that point a non issue. Turns out as well that the the blood draw was found to be done and tested on an erroneous machine, -- 3 false positives the same time period mine was drawn. case went to jury,judge said that the evidence of these false positives could not be submitted to the jury, because according to judge kennedy, that had nothing to do with my case, only data from my draw was allowed according to the judge. When the jury wanted the data from the blood draw, they were given the actual test result only, even though the blood draw kit was expired and the lab person threw that box out. they are supposed to show it was a valid blood draw kit, but in Walworth county, that does not matter. Turns out rather than the blood draw person testifying that a chemists testifies in front of the jury so that can look more official,even though she did not draw the blood. In Walworth county the accused does not have a right to face the accuser,or those who draw the blood. This according to the judge is not necessary. Turns out I paid my attorney 20,000 to fight this for 2 years and they extended the dates and made this a drawn out process, only in the end to lose regardless of the facts , which the jury was not allowed to see. In the end my so called attorney was shacking hands with the DA Zeke W...., even before he was speaking to me, as if there was a deal of some sort made and they both benefited. This county is not ever one I want to be convicted of any crime, as they have the power to pull the paperwork and keep things here and do their own sentencing. I received a year in jail, release on a electronic monitor bracelet ,where I have to pay $125 per week, in addition to all the fees that went to the county. That night costs me 35,000 , and made me lose my career. All because the cops here are on the take and they are looking for ways to feed their system. Definitely a corrupt county. All the do gooders will say it was my fault for being over the limit in my car, but the law is not meant to capture and exploit, its meant as a guide line,and when the jurisdiction issues is ignored,and the facts are ignored, its a crime that is committed by the judicial system. Walworth county depends on revenues from these cases and they are corrupt.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:10 AM

959 posts, read 1,001,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPSTAHR View Post
All the do gooders will say it was my fault for being over the limit in my car, but the law is not meant to capture and exploit, its meant as a guide line,and when the jurisdiction issues is ignored,and the facts are ignored, its a crime that is committed by the judicial system. Walworth county depends on revenues from these cases and they are corrupt.
Sorry you had such a bad experience and got hosed by the system, but you should've just done the roadside test in the first place. The fact that you didn't implies that you had something to hide. When stuff goes to court in ANY county in the US, the only ones who truly win are the lawyers.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:13 PM

2,522 posts, read 1,909,242 times
that kind of thing could happen anywhere. I wouldn't get drunk and get in a vehicle as a solution to the problem. I also don't provoke the police by refusing to let them search the vehicle or whatever. I've never had a problem, but I don't think this is something exclusive to walworth county, most cops don't have much sympathy to any sort of drunk in any vehicle, parked or not, and if they did 'profiling' of sorts, well that's too bad for you, but it's been known to happen around here, and not much sympathy will be given by any judge or jury either, that's just the way it is, right or no right.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:14 AM

390 posts, read 65,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I also don't provoke the police by refusing to let them search the vehicle or whatever. I've never had a problem,

Exercising Constitutionally protected rights is now considered "provoking the police"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin