Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 08:49 AM

374 posts, read 979,046 times

Advertisements

WASDA (Wisconsin Association of School District Administrators)Survey Results: Myth vs Reality

Weac School Data

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 07:40 PM

87 posts, read 150,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamjeepr View Post
WASDA (Wisconsin Association of School District Administrators)Survey Results:
Weac School Data
Is this part of the data that the government unions didn't want to release?

When FDR signed into law the abilty of workers to unionize, there's a reason he said the government workers are exempt--they have a monopoly position.
I wonder if that's taught in schools by the government unionist teachers?

Great read:

Illinois Shows What Not to Do by Steven Malanga, City Journal Spring 2012

Old 04-18-2012, 07:56 PM

8,276 posts, read 23,004,060 times
Lessons of two states: What Illinois, Wisconsin can teach the world | FOX 55/27 Illinois | Illinois

Another great read.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:02 AM

2,647 posts, read 3,825,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
It's these kinds of comments that are why the political discourse in our state and country has become so retarded.
Oh for cryin out loud, get a backbone and don't be so sensitive.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:00 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,358,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Oh for cryin out loud, get a backbone and don't be so sensitive.
It's not about needing a backbone or being over-sensitive. It's about demanding that people speak about topics in a rational manner without resorting to name calling. Too much to ask for quite often, I realize.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:56 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,823,938 times
I'm not sure why Democrats are so up in arms over Scott Walker's reforms. In spite of those reforms, WI is still a very left-leaning state policy-wise. Labor unions are still stronger than in most states.
Side note: for those of us from non-union states where most people think unions are useless, we view them as having been useful 100 years or so ago when 9 year olds were working in factories. Now they're just viewed as being greedy since everyone else doing the exact same jobs get paid less with less benefits, but are grateful to have a job that hasn't been shipped to China.
As for public sector jobs, they basically have a monopoly making it a very easy system to be abused. Judging by the 400% markup in property taxes from my previous location, (and not seeing a dang bit of difference between the two state's services except the cheaper one actually had glass-smooth roads compared to WI) I'd say the system has been abused.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:39 PM

26,378 posts, read 46,267,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
I'm not sure why Democrats are so up in arms over Scott Walker's reforms. In spite of those reforms, WI is still a very left-leaning state policy-wise. Labor unions are still stronger than in most states.
Side note: for those of us from non-union states where most people think unions are useless, we view them as having been useful 100 years or so ago when 9 year olds were working in factories. Now they're just viewed as being greedy since everyone else doing the exact same jobs get paid less with less benefits, but are grateful to have a job that hasn't been shipped to China.
As for public sector jobs, they basically have a monopoly making it a very easy system to be abused. Judging by the 400% markup in property taxes from my previous location, (and not seeing a dang bit of difference between the two state's services except the cheaper one actually had glass-smooth roads compared to WI) I'd say the system has been abused.
Well, you complained about MO so much before you moved so why would you go back there?

Old 04-21-2012, 10:27 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,823,938 times
I don't recall complaining about MO. KC had some issues, but that was mostly lack of cooperation between the two states it was in.
I liked that Missouri came across as fairly level-headed politics-wise (but certainly not perfect), but as of right now have no intentions of going back.
I really like a lot of things about Wisconsin, but the high taxes are something I just don't get. There really isn't much to show for any of it from what I can tell when compared to a much lower tax state.
I'm not saying I like MO better than WI, for the most part, it's the opposite. It's just that of all the places I've lived, Wisconsin has been a much bigger adjustment to make.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:04 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,922,721 times
My friends are going to throw a big party after your recall circus leaves town. You're invited too...
if you need a job bussing tables.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:55 PM

1,975 posts, read 2,344,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
It's not about needing a backbone or being over-sensitive. It's about demanding that people speak about topics in a rational manner without resorting to name calling. Too much to ask for quite often, I realize.

I don't bother talking with the right-wingers about politics anymore, I've found none who can discuss the topic without name-calling (online, anyway). They swallow the GOP Teabagger cool-aid hook, line and sinker. You can see how people like Hitler (and Walker) got elected; propaganda works (obviously, otherwise there wouldn't be an advertising industry). The unions and Occupy folks are fighting for us all against the plutarchs, but a fair number of people are too ignorant to see that, and vote against themselves. It's up to the rest of us to save American democracy; and we will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin