U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 08:08 AM

7,215 posts, read 7,548,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Kaukauna school district moved out of debt to a surplus and was able to provide some merit $ to certain teachers.
I guess that is still a bad thing.
I love how Kaukauna's success is constantly touted, while Governor Walker's own hometown's troubles (Delavan) is constantly ignored. Go ask people there how things are going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 11:28 AM

3,318 posts, read 3,552,063 times
Kaukauna's not the only district.
So...fill us in. What's wrong in Delavan? Apparently whatever it is HAS been ignored, 'cuz I haven't heard.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:46 PM

1,969 posts, read 1,896,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
And what does this have to do with Wisconsin? The only lay off of teachers that happened here were in school districts who rushed to sign contracts with their teachers union before Act 10 went into effect. Those districts that didn't were able to save money because they no longer had to use the health insurance provided by the company owned by the union at highly inflated prices. One small town south east of Madison was even able to give their teachers a bonus.
Back to the original question, which was whether the state will be able to heal now, I had expressed my doubt that things were going to change much, i.e. the way the liberal demonstrators and most of the Democratic legislators acted. And I was right. Governor Walker held a get-together last night for all legislators, spouses, and two staffers each. A number of Democrats refused the invitation, AND there were protesters outside the gates. Like I predicted, they have not changed their "stripes".

The right-wing assault on the economy/99% is and has been nation-wide, obviously. Walker and his allies' attack on the middle and lower classes will be stopped.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:51 AM

4 posts, read 4,797 times
Default Wisconsin

For all of you with a thumbs up on Walker, sorry to say it but the cost to the state will be severe because of his cuts. DOT/Highways already spends more to have consultants that make a profit on the work they do and pass that off to the taxpayers (the cost is in the millions). The Koch brothers now own Wisconsin and they have been in court more on violations for environment and other things and find a way to pay their way out. Unions do help and in fact you are able to get most of your union dues back if ask by letter. Walker cut one group of people to fix the budget that the politicans messed up. This is not a permanent fix, the next time the budget is in trouble who is he going to cut? I am assuming that because he is for big business making money all of you with benefits and decent pay are going to be next on the list, unions will be gone, your working conditions will not matter to your employer and your pay and benefits will be gone as well. That will drop the cost of all the products produced here in the state or it should but I doubt it because the company you work for will now make the profit. The jobs he got here are coming in from out of state businesses that do not to pay personal or business tax for two years so they can stay here two years bring in their workers from another state and after that move out. Sounds like all of you know what your talking about. The jobs he lost here were on the top of the list with California for most jobs lost in any state since he has been in office. All of you who listen to the puppets talking for Walker are the reason they should have test before being allowed to vote. I'm assuming most of you don't have an education beyond high school if that. And if you did make it through I doubt your IQ rating is much above a retard.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:07 AM

4 posts, read 4,797 times
Default Wisconsin

Sounds like many of you don't believe public workers should have union bargaining power, I would assume that means you think they don't deserve the same raises, benefits or anything else the rest of the private sector has the right to have. I started out at $8.00 an hour and after 15 years went to $13 and hour but it took work and training and more training and a lot of people walking all over you, also having to do other peoples work on top of your own while they moved up the ladder, paying over $200 for dental a month because the state didn't have insurance except for cleaning and x-rays for dental the union provided dental insurance and with Dental Associates the slime ball dentists of the country, and also $100 for medical along with all the other fees, and trying to raise a family on the money left. I had the work of five people in my last position I was asked all the time how I handled it, when I left it was divided up like it should have been when I was there. And state workers are not allowed to strike, in fact the cops are not allowed to strike and if they do they can be fired. Leaving them out of the budget cuts with the rest was bull and he should have not been allowed to do that, you attack one you attack all. To fix the problem if they would have gotten the blue flu(it's called), national guard is always there and there are plenty of military that could take over for them. I don't believe the public workers who take care of this state and make sure our politicians bills and laws are being conformed to and passing them on to the citizens they work with should have been attacked, it should have started where the problem began to much spending and money and benefits for the politicians. He's not done, this state will go in the hole again soon, the money he got was only a small part of what's needed to keep padding their pockets. Next are the taxpayers, companies will be cutting wages and benefits for the rest of you and your unions that protect your work conditions will be gone, guess what happens then. I can't believe here that really truly think he is good for the state, oh and when we have to pay back Koch brothers for his campaign money what do you think will happen then? Consultants have replaced the state workers in some areas and are making a profit off your money now, so in the long run these projects are going to cost you more. Education has been cut so they can build more prisons then the 43 they have already overfilled, yes we need cuts to education and keep the cops happy cause they are going to need them for all the uneducated people now being left out because teachers benefits and salaries have been cut. Some of you should think about what you say before you say it and actually study up on the problems with this stuff, maybe read a little and reasearch some of the crap they talk about and know that it's not all as it appears.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:25 PM

3,318 posts, read 3,552,063 times
^^Wow. What a load of crappity-crap-crap delivered in a hard to read much less understand fashion.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:09 AM

Gracie0908, you touched on all the relevant points, thanks for your posts. Sorry your state got attacked by the pro-poverty, hatred-of-public-employees power-grabbers. I look forward to the defeat of Romney and Wisconsin Republicons in November.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:45 AM

1,849 posts, read 2,626,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Gracie0908, you touched on all the relevant points, thanks for your posts. Sorry your state got attacked by the pro-poverty, hatred-of-public-employees power-grabbers. I look forward to the defeat of Romney and Wisconsin Republicons in November.

Actually Gracie's post is not relevant and is full of melodrama and rhetoric.
She reminds me of the "crying man" video, wherein he claimed Democracy is dead.

Lot's of laughs, but little to use for insightful dialogue.

Perhaps another argument is that public employees, should consider changing jobs if they don't like their current situation. A certain level of turnover keeps an organization healthy. From a personal standpoint, change can be good for career and self worth.

Further why is the theory that someone doing the exact same job for 20-25 years considered good for the both person and customer?

You guys gotta get over it and join the real world. The world is not ending.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:33 PM

Old 07-02-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Actually Gracie's post is not relevant and is full of melodrama and rhetoric.
She reminds me of the "crying man" video, wherein he claimed Democracy is dead.

Lot's of laughs, but little to use for insightful dialogue.

Perhaps another argument is that public employees, should consider changing jobs if they don't like their current situation. A certain level of turnover keeps an organization healthy. From a personal standpoint, change can be good for career and self worth.

Further why is the theory that someone doing the exact same job for 20-25 years considered good for the both person and customer?

You guys gotta get over it and join the real world. The world is not ending.

I'm curious: why do you have such a hatred of public employees such as myself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin