Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 09:42 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Ya sure - advocating limited government is anti Christian.
I am not sure what size of the government has got to do with the bible, but I am afraid that it's not Jesus who dictates the size of the government, but the size of the country does.

Quote:
You liberals are unbelieveable in your denial that government is an inherently bad solution.
The way I see it - it might be bad, but it's the only realistic solution out there under the circumstances.

Quote:
Further - I thought mixing god and government was taboo to you folks.
I don't mix anything, as I've said - I see both points of view, but I don't see how the contradiction can be resolved.

Quote:
Do you think WI taxpayers "owe" OP foodstamps - if so why?
Because as much as Wisconsinites would like to retain their identity ( and I know they do,) Wisconsin is still part of the United States of America, not some separate country. Food stamps are Federal program and OP is American who needs them.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-23-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGrl View Post
An adult in our overnurished country can live for weeks without eating and not die. Hunger is a great motivator for getting a job and paying for the food yourself. Once you take the motivation out of the equation, you get ppl like OP.
Oh, you mean you like it as it was in good old times, when people ( a lot of them) in your country were working just for food and the roof over their heads?
I see.
Then I tell you what, Badger Girl, why don't you go back to the kitchen where you belong, to bake cookies like good American girls used to. It's not your business to tell anyone what to do, it's your husband's job; you can only smile sweetly and go to church on Sundays, like in good old days. With that everything would fall into places, but until then don't tell your fellow Americans that hunger should be their motivation to work, as if they live in third world country.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:31 AM

164 posts, read 559,561 times
I do bake cookies and go to church on Sundays, I'm happy about it and love that it irritates you Well, church was Saturday this weekend, but that counts. I'd rather bake for my family and know what they are eating than buy packaged junk. Don't assume that all change is good. Most people in this country have not "gone hungry" for more than a few hours and have no idea what true suffering is like. It would do these folks a world of good to work "just for food and the roof over their heads." But thanks for bleeding heart liberals like you, we'll just continue to "help" these folks to the point where they can't possibly help themselves.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGrl View Post
I do bake cookies and go to church on Sundays,
Then by all means stick to it. I hope your cookies come out better than your half-baked thoughts on politics. Because a lot of people in this country "have not gone hungry for more than a few hours" thanks to liberals.

PS. That's really a problem out there when any housefrau decides that if she can bake cookies, she understands politics as well.
As I've said, some things should be left to your husband and politics is definitely one of them.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:24 PM

164 posts, read 559,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Because a lot of people in this country "have not gone hungry for more than a few hours" thanks to liberals.
And the good works of churches. Nice attempt at the personal insults, btw. You always know when a liberal has reached the end of his meager set of arguements when he sinks to insults and attacks. Have a good day and God bless!

Old 06-25-2012, 08:54 AM

2,661 posts, read 3,859,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Then by all means stick to it. I hope your cookies come out better than your half-baked thoughts on politics. Because a lot of people in this country "have not gone hungry for more than a few hours" thanks to liberals.

PS. That's really a problem out there when any housefrau decides that if she can bake cookies, she understands politics as well.
As I've said, some things should be left to your husband and politics is definitely one of them.
D#$&wad,
You have problems - go find a gov't paid, guidance couselor in your high school to help you with anger management.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:35 PM

149 posts, read 315,231 times
Just an example of abuse...My mom was at the Piggly Wiggly. In front of her was a bigger woman buying soda (2 types...Root Beer/Pepsi) and a large gallon of ice cream. The total was $15. My mom (very nosy old lady) picked up her receipt that this lady had THROWN on the ground (I guess littering is part of the deal?) . She saw on the receipt that she had $500 left in food stamp money (I'm not sure how it works)...

I guess Root Beer floats are good for nutrition. Hopefully she has Badgercare to cover her diabetes.

Just my opinion (and I'm poor), they should get rid of the whole program or put very strict time constraints on it.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:40 PM

629 posts, read 771,820 times
When I was working poor and my family was on foodstamps we had to buy Lobster and crab legs once in a while to make sure we used what we were allocated. I agree with Erasure that a compasionate society should take care of the needy....And we do. The problem is liberals scream more more more adnauseum and there is no reason for more. Enough is enough

To the OP, go to Plainfield on the westside, there is a bunch of warehouses always hiring for packers and forklift drivers. $10 and hour + no experience necessary. The Green Bay Appleton area is one of the strongest Economies in the country, it sneezed at the great depression. Last time I was there (more than 10 years ago) every fast food joint had huge signs that read NOW HIRING $8, $9, $10, and hour. Kids at home from college may have those jobs at the moment but if you cant find a job in Appleton right away....Hell if you present yourself right and tweak the resume you should be able to find a good job.

Foreget about begging for foodstamps, pick yourself up by your bootstraps and be accountable for your own.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:17 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,888,406 times
I put our friend Erasure on my ignore list, so I don't see what he writes except when one of you normal people here quotes him. I see he's still at name calling and jumping to conclusions and putting words in your mouths like he was doing to me earlier. Like Badgergirl says, the libs always resort to insults and name calling when they're out of real ammunition. I suggest the rest of you put him on your ignore list as well, then he won't have anybody reading his stupidity!!

Old 06-26-2012, 12:39 PM

711 posts, read 1,689,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
the libs always resort to insults and name calling when they're out of real ammunition.
Thanks a lot, you just overloaded my irony detector.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin