Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 06:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,101 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Your post and the replies are interesting as you are in South Florida thinking about moving to Wisconsin and I am in Wisconsin thinking about moving to South Florida! I have also been thinking about this and researching this for several years! I think it would be really difficult to move back to Wisconsin after being in Florida for so many years. There is not alot to do in Wisconsin after the summer months. From November to April, it is cold, dark and gray. I am always in my pajammas by 5:30 p.m.! Once you get home it is very, very hard to make yourself go back outside if you don't have to. Winter jackets, boots, gloves, scraping your car are things you probably have forgotten about! I am not sure about Florida but it seems like most any social activity in Wisconsin involves alot of drinking. Men who love the North woods, hunting, fishing and snowmobiling seem to love Wisconsin. So if you do enjoy those types of outdoor activities it might be a good move for you. I probably have unrealistic expectations of what it would be like to live in Florida but when I am there I very much appreciate being able to walk out of a grocery store and not have my face freeze and my shoes and the bottom of pants get sloppy from snow! I hope you find a great place to live. Any pro/cons you could give me about your move to Florida would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 10:40 AM

5,016 posts, read 7,419,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojanssen View Post
I am always in my pajammas by 5:30 p.m.!
I so remember this!!

Old 01-31-2013, 10:44 AM

5,016 posts, read 7,419,261 times
One thing about Florida is those same months people in Wisconsin are hiding inside from the cold...
Down here.. we're hiding inside from the invasion of the tourists.
• crazy drivers/traffic
• 2 hour waits at any decent restaurant
• Beaches become too crowded
• Did I mention scary drivers and traffic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin