Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 07:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,195 times

Advertisements

My wife works as a para in a grade school,speaks English and Spanish,and has an accounting degree.She left the business world after we married and started in the schools.They wanted her to help out with children,and help teachers with Spanish.Well,it turns out after a few years of this job,some of the children,all under 10 yrs old,are very rude and disrespectful.I can not even type the words they use.Principals are on the child's side no matter what the issue is.They go to the principal and say the teach is being mean when she is just doing her job. The head of this school,and others she worked at,are disrespectful to her also.She needs to get out and away from these people,its insane!I know 4 other female teachers who do not plan to go back to this school.I wish the wis school super would take action against bad kids and school leaders.What do other teachers and paras do, when the kids can do, and say anything they want,actually run the class while the teacher and para just take it?The last straw was Monday when my wife told a child,after putting most of his unopened school lunch in the garbage,not to do that,its a waste.He went and told the principal she was being mean! She wrote her up!Who is in charge,child or well educated adult?The kid who complained,well his dad was put in jail last week for being a john.I can only imagine what the kid sees and hears,why he acts out in school,poor kid.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:37 PM

2,660 posts, read 3,855,338 times
huh???

Old 05-24-2013, 04:21 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
She needs to write a letter of resignation and do it in spanish...

Old 05-25-2013, 08:03 AM

2 posts, read 2,195 times
Person who posted HUH must be a principal or spaced out on drugs or just plain stupid.no one gets it.Im off this site.I can go to c/l to deal with brain deads,and crestliner,,,yes she will resign ,only problem is that teachers dont know real spanish,only the hillbilly version they learned in american schools.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:14 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
My brother quit teaching years ago for the same things you mention.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:57 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
My daughter in law teaches middle school science and I hear the same type of things from her every day. It is heartbreaking. She has taught for 18 years and she so loved teaching in the beginning. She is a wonderful teacher and has been recognized as a "teacher of the year." But she has come to a place where she is just burnt out by the rude students, threatening parents, and principals who refuse to support the teachers that she is seriously thinking of quitting.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:34 AM

150 posts, read 343,621 times
It is amazing what happens in schools now. I just witnessed two 8th grade graduations (two separate school districts) where they were getting all F's with a decent grade in gym. The punishment - no end of year school picnic. But yet they graduated and are now the high schools problem.

I would not be a teacher for anything. There is no respect, they don't have to do homework, or behave in class, because they all know how to get around it. And if your in public schools, they have to passed to the next grade. Just think, one day soon this generation will be in charge.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:15 AM

678 posts, read 1,064,572 times
I only teach adults and...the same thing happens, they grow up and pull the same stuff. I only teach online now because I don't want to deal with the things that you've mentioned here. Since your wife has an accounting degree, she can easily transition out of education. If I were in her situation, I would start looking elsewhere. Nowadays it doesn't seem like education is worth it.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:37 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,131,637 times
All I can say is, either quit or try another school. A school is like a business, if you don't have a supportive boss (principal), you are going to have a very difficult time. That is universal. Many schools have similar problems, but not all of them. The rudeness and disrespect is unfortunately tolerated at some schools, where the administration is more worried about being liked than actually backing up teachers when necessary. I too got out of the profession for similar reasons.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:42 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,167,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by super88 View Post
Person who posted HUH must be a principal or spaced out on drugs or just plain stupid.no one gets it.Im off this site.I can go to c/l to deal with brain deads,and crestliner,,,yes she will resign ,only problem is that teachers dont know real spanish,only the hillbilly version they learned in american schools.
You seem very angry and bitter. I wonder if this attitude is pervasive in your family and that is part of the issue you're discussing? Your initial paragraph was a bit rambling and incoherent, and I thought it was pretty obvious (though perhaps it was rude) why the "huh" comment exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
View detailed profiles of: