Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 05:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,818 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for lake property in central wisconsin on a very clean, hard sand bottom lake where the lake has a slow dropoff from the beach. Anything within 80 miles of Fond du Lac would be good. Price $280,000 or less. No wake lake is fine. Looking for something quiet and relaxing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 09:48 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,558,451 times
Jake,
How big of lake are you looking for? Any idea's of counties you'd prefer? I'd definitely look at Marquette County, Waushara County, Green Lake County, Waupaca County. There are some sites that have multiple listing agencies that show properties from different real estate companies and agents. I'd start with Wisconsinhomes dot com.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:59 AM

3,961 posts, read 10,969,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Jake,
How big of lake are you looking for? Any idea's of counties you'd prefer? I'd definitely look at Marquette County, Waushara County, Green Lake County, Waupaca County. There are some sites that have multiple listing agencies that show properties from different real estate companies and agents. I'd start with Wisconsinhomes dot com.
I can think of a couple smaller lakes in the Marquette County area that could be options, Comstock which is no wake (and if i recall fairly clean for swimming) and has reasonable for prices and White Lake which should be clean but could be higher end for homes (at least used to have a lot of IL residents use it for a second home). But seems many of the lakes will either crowd up with boats or get downright nasty with the weeds but have great fishing though.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:34 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,558,451 times
Williams Lake near Montello is also nice, it's pretty shallow though. Lake Emery which is a little west of Montello is another choice. Lake Emery is close to the interstate too. Jordan lake is another choice, I don't know much about Jordan lake though, its over by Oxford. Wisconsin Lakes real estate guide typically has lots of affordable lake properties listed in it.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,818 times
Marquette County, Waushara County, Green Lake County and Waupaca County would be some of the counties I'd be looking at plus anything else within 90 minutes of Fond du Lac.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:04 PM

3,961 posts, read 10,969,949 times
to get some good general info on any body of water in Wi, try lake-link's site. I used it for years for fishing and water reports on the Madison chain, it can be quite helpful for rec users.

Find A Lake In Wisconsin

Old 11-02-2014, 06:58 AM

83 posts, read 231,140 times
You should avoid Marquette. Known to be one of the poorest countries in the state. Your property values are low but they will try to make you pay big bucks for lake property. Plus, county gov is very c corrupt. Not a good place to live, very hill billy vibe.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:28 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,137,399 times
My opinion is it does not exist that far south. (Sorry, many years in the northwoods turns you into a lake snob..) Maybe a stone quarry in that area. But For Crystal clear hard bottom with no weeds, one. Needs to go up north. Plus then you get loons in summer to enjoy and plenty of fish.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:20 AM

3,450 posts, read 4,497,591 times
You can get that easily in (especially) the Waupaca chain and surrounding counties Josh mentioned above. Green Lake is beautiful, though good luck getting anything nice under the stated $280,000.

Old 11-06-2014, 04:01 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,238,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
My opinion is it does not exist that far south. (Sorry, many years in the northwoods turns you into a lake snob..) Maybe a stone quarry in that area. But For Crystal clear hard bottom with no weeds, one. Needs to go up north. Plus then you get loons in summer to enjoy and plenty of fish.
Agreed. The lake you are looking for is ideal...very clean, hard sand bottom, gradual drop off. Doubt you can find a property at that price in central WI. That actually describes our lake perfectly but we are 10 miles south of Eagle River. With loons and fish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin