Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMISSNY View Post
Can anyone tell me what Stevens Point is like? Do they have good schools? I have checked out the internet and found some information, but would like some information from someone who lives or has lived there. Thanks alot.
Hi there, I just wanted to tell you that I went to UWSP and I think that Stevens Point is the best place to live. If you like the city, you can be close enough to all that you'll need, but you also don't have to drive far to get out of the city either. I think that Stevens Point is a very beautiful place and I really think that you would love it there. I wish I could still live there myself. My husband got a job elsewhere, so we had to move. Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2006, 05:52 AM

371 posts, read 2,029,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibur View Post
Hi there, I just wanted to tell you that I went to UWSP and I think that Stevens Point is the best place to live. If you like the city, you can be close enough to all that you'll need, but you also don't have to drive far to get out of the city either. I think that Stevens Point is a very beautiful place and I really think that you would love it there. I wish I could still live there myself. My husband got a job elsewhere, so we had to move. Good luck
Thank you Calibur! I'm sure we would be very happy there also. I'm hoping we hear something today. Thanks for your well wishes. Are you still in Wisconsin? Just being nosey. I like the fact that Stevens Point isn't a sprawling city. Chicago, although MUCH bigger, takes forever to get out of. I noticed Milwaukee was somewhat similar too and Madison definitely. I also like Wausau with Rib mountain. That's close enough to enjoy on the weekends. We would like to pick up downhill skiing again and I love cross country skiing, snow shoeing, ect. I enjoy all of the seasons, but winter comes in at the top. What did you do when you had downtime from school? Thanks for responding.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:01 AM

9 posts, read 71,683 times
Default dan

I grew up in the Stevens Point area (Junction City) and loved it. I went to school at SPASH. Good school.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:37 AM

54 posts, read 306,906 times
There are a number of good places in wisconsin.

Stevens point is a nice small-town college town, similar to Platteville, WI.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:04 PM

3 posts, read 7,263 times
I am posting on 1-13-10....i can see this post i am replying to is old..so someone...help!

I also would be interested in Stevens Point. We currently live in Wild Rose, Wi, and need to move to a bigger city. We have heard only good things about stevens Point and Wis. Rapids....can anyone tell me about shopping and hospitals and medical care there? We are in our 60's.
we also need to know the average rent for a two bedroom house and if Stevens Point landlords are pet friendly.
thank you!

Old 01-14-2010, 11:11 AM

647 posts, read 1,663,111 times
I would maybe check out the Wausau/Schofield/Weston/Rothschild area. 2 hospital in the area, pleany of shopping in Rib Mountain area and the mall. Lots of outdoor rec. things to do., etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin