Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 04:13 PM

365 posts, read 779,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
This bothers me more than I can tell you. I'm so sorry that happened to you and your family. I used to live in Fond du Lac, WI and moved to South Carolina just last year. I've encountered racists in both areas of the country and it makes me angry and embarrassed. How horrible that a group of ignorant people like that could put such a damper on your trip there. I'd really like to apologize for the people who say such horrible things.
So sad. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, which is one of the more accepting of diversity places in the country, and have heard racist comments here as well. They truly can happen anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 03:38 PM

29 posts, read 27,980 times
I have lived in Green Bay most of my life. I, too, apologize to the family that experienced the despicable comment. To the poster, congrats on the job – downtown hospitals are St. Vincent’s & Bellin. Both are well respected in the community-can’t go wrong with either. Social life: my nieces & nephews hang out in the downtown area & ‘party’ there. We went to a surprise 25th B-day for him last year at one of them. We are in our early 60’s’s & were treated with respect & had fun, didn’t care for the music but those in their 20’s & early 30’s loved it & had a good time. The weather is COLD, lots of snow, but you learn to live with it & dress accordingly. Where to live? There are good areas & bad areas just as in any other city. You certainly will not stand out, many different nationalities, young & old live in Green Bay & contribute their talents to our community just like in any other. It is friendly & you will meet people at work to ‘hang out’ with, from there meet others & pursue the things in the area & surrounding areas that interest you. Good luck with your new job & welcome to Green Bay.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:38 PM

26 posts, read 58,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zellygurl39 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am finished graduate school and I was just offered a position in Green Bay, WI. The snow and cold don't thrill me, but this job is a great opportunity. I am 25, black and single. I have always lived alone so that doesn't worry. I am mainly worried about meeting people. How is the social scene for young adults in Green Bay? Also, were do you suggest I live? I will be working at a hospital downtown.

THANKS!
You should be fine. The area near the east side hospitals is a very good place to rent or buy. Astor neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin