Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 12:12 PM

19 posts, read 26,092 times

Advertisements

rattle them off, I need a good laugh. Mine is that we eat cheese 3 meals a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 12:39 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
There's nothing but farms as far as the eyes can see, we're all fat (that one is pretty accurate) & we're all drunks (again, pretty accurate).

Old 07-01-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
There's nothing but farms as far as the eyes can see, we're all fat (that one is pretty accurate) & we're all drunks (again, pretty accurate).
I don't know how much TV you watch, but there's a Family Guy episode and Peter( main character) goes " the catholics have church, fat people have Wisconsin, I have the brewery". Another show, a fat kid and a fat neighbor run away to Wisconsin and they eat chocolate covered deep fried cheese.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:53 PM

3,453 posts, read 4,525,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Wisconsin is always near the middle in terms of obesity - this is a misconception. Drunks, top 5 consistently, can't argue there.

Typical obesity study (Wisconsin 27th fattest out of 50): Fattest State in America 2012: How Obese is Your State? : News : TravelersToday

It usually ranks higher than that in terms of "health and wellness" (20th here): The 25 healthiest states in America in 2013 - Health - MSN Healthy Living

Old 07-01-2014, 01:28 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyfromthatthing View Post
I don't know how much TV you watch, but there's a Family Guy episode and Peter( main character) goes " the catholics have church, fat people have Wisconsin, I have the brewery". Another show, a fat kid and a fat neighbor run away to Wisconsin and they eat chocolate covered deep fried cheese.
Hahahaha, that's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Wisconsin is always near the middle in terms of obesity - this is a misconception. Drunks, top 5 consistently, can't argue there.

Typical obesity study (Wisconsin 27th fattest out of 50): Fattest State in America 2012: How Obese is Your State? : News : TravelersToday

It usually ranks higher than that in terms of "health and wellness" (20th here): The 25 healthiest states in America in 2013 - Health - MSN Healthy Living
Yes, I know Wisconsin isn't the fattest, that honor goes to Mississippi I believe. However we have our share of larger than average people here. The drinking doesn't help, not that I should talk since I do love my drinks.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:37 PM

3,453 posts, read 4,525,456 times
Just pointing out the fact that it's inaccurate, and a nationwide misperception/stereotype.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:45 AM

2,659 posts, read 3,855,338 times
When we moved to state Oregon, people here told us they heard that everyone from WI named their son Brett in the 90's.

Other tidbits:
We like to drive cars on ice.
We drink a lot.
We eat sausage and cheese every day.
There are some good companies there: Kohler, B&S, Harley.

Of course it doesn't help when we have people over and are serving cheese and sausage while flying the packer flag

You can leave WI, but it doesn't leave you,

Old 07-02-2014, 02:08 PM

on a good note, people think we're friendly

Old 07-02-2014, 06:01 PM

52 posts, read 104,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
When we moved to state Oregon, people here told us they heard that everyone from WI named their son Brett in the 90's.

Other tidbits:
We like to drive cars on ice.
We drink a lot.
We eat sausage and cheese every day.
There are some good companies there: Kohler, B&S, Harley.

Of course it doesn't help when we have people over and are serving cheese and sausage while flying the packer flag

You can leave WI, but it doesn't leave you,

I'll look for that flying flag when FB season rolls around. Good to have another GB native in Portland. It's funny when people say it's cold here (Oregon), isn't it?

Old 07-02-2014, 11:41 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,913,045 times
That it is only flat land and cows.

I had a neighbor in rural Arizona who moved to Wisconsin for a job. He didn't like the cold, but he said that he was amazed at how beautiful it was. I'm not sure exactly what his image of Wisconsin was before, but he did say it was nothing like he imagined.

I had a lot of native Arizonians that just couldn't believe that there was anything of worth in the state, even though they have never been anywhere near the Midwest. I was very appreciative when a new Oregonian friend was interested in what made the state so special, since she has one friend who moved back and is loving it, and knows of many more that wax poetically about it. I couldn't exactly tell her what, besides it's pretty damn awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin