Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Scott Walker or Mary Burke and Why?
Scott Walker 34 50.00%
Mary Burke 27 39.71%
Neither 7 10.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 03:41 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,238,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpindogs

Politics aside Scott Walker is a down to earth, regular guy with a strong moral code. But if one is looking at him through eyes of hate or from a narrow politically based perspective that image will be obscured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It doesn't matter who he is outside of politics because he is running as a political figure. That's what people are voting for, not his mister regular guy demeanor. And I have a multitude of reasons why I dislike him, his stance on unions isn't a major one for me, which is what your post seemed to be all about.
It may not matter to you who Scott Walker is outside of politics but personal character does matter to lots of voters. An elected official is more than his/her politics.

I don't doubt you have reasons beyond his stance on unions to dislike Walker. For example, many liberals would dislike him on principle. I wrote "There is a lot of hatred of Scott Walker in WI and it is primarily union-related." If you don't *hate* Walker then I wasn't talking about you. Even if you do hate Walker, I used the modifier "primarily" to include the few who hate him for other reasons.

Although, again, I fail to comprehend how people can hate others simply for their political views. Hate is such an extreme emotion. We have some serious flaws as a people if we hate others based on differences of opinion. I dislike Obama's politics and policies. But I don't hate the man. I know some who do and I can't comprehend that either. We are a weak, easily influenced and judgmental people.

Hey, weren't you the one who posted that you loathe Walker? I guess you do hate him after all. And how convenient that you also mention that you would never vote Republican. There's that "principle" thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile
I loathe Walker, I would never vote republican anyway so I'm voting for Burke. She's not my favorite candidate but I can not fathom having Walker in office for another 4 years. He won't even commit to upholding his entire term, why would anyone vote for someone like that??

To clarify for you, my post was a reply to your comment that Walker and ethics are an oxymoron...which in effect is a declaration that he is completely unethical. And an attempt to speculate why some people feel Walker is more unethical than the average elected official: the hatred of Walker espoused by many union proponents and based, I believe, on the fear of their union demise at his hands. Does it make sense now why I moved to unions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 03:58 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,490,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpindogs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpindogs

Politics aside Scott Walker is a down to earth, regular guy with a strong moral code. But if one is looking at him through eyes of hate or from a narrow politically based perspective that image will be obscured.

It may not matter to you who Scott Walker is outside of politics but personal character does matter to lots of voters. An elected official is more than his/her politics.

I don't doubt you have reasons beyond his stance on unions to dislike Walker. For example, many liberals would dislike him on principle. I wrote "There is a lot of hatred of Scott Walker in WI and it is primarily union-related." If you don't *hate* Walker then I wasn't talking about you. Even if you do hate Walker, I used the modifier "primarily" to include the few who hate him for other reasons.

Although, again, I fail to comprehend how people can hate others simply for their political views. Hate is such an extreme emotion. We have some serious flaws as a people if we hate others based on differences of opinion. I dislike Obama's politics and policies. But I don't hate the man. I know some who do and I can't comprehend that either. We are a weak, easily influenced and judgmental people.

Hey, weren't you the one who posted that you loathe Walker? I guess you do hate him after all. And how convenient that you also mention that you would never vote Republican. There's that "principle" thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile
I loathe Walker, I would never vote republican anyway so I'm voting for Burke. She's not my favorite candidate but I can not fathom having Walker in office for another 4 years. He won't even commit to upholding his entire term, why would anyone vote for someone like that??

To clarify for you, my post was a reply to your comment that Walker and ethics are an oxymoron...which in effect is a declaration that he is completely unethical. And an attempt to speculate why some people feel Walker is more unethical than the average elected official: the hatred of Walker espoused by many union proponents and based, I believe, on the fear of their union demise at his hands. Does it make sense now why I moved to unions?
Yes, I did say that. I never claimed to say that I didn't. Are you having a conversation with yourself? And again, I will never vote Republican. Because I have principles. There's that principle thing again.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Yes, I did say that. I never claimed to say that I didn't. Are you having a conversation with yourself? And again, I will never vote Republican. Because I have principles. There's that principle thing again.
LOL! I've been known to do that. Although usually inside my own head.

I could have a conversation with you if you addressed the gist of my post as I clarified it for you.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:31 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,490,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpindogs View Post
LOL! I've been known to do that. Although usually inside my own head.

I could have a conversation with you if you addressed the gist of my post as I clarified it for you.
I'm not sure what conversation you want to have. Your post was basically about hating people & not understanding it. I don't like Walker so I'm not sure what exactly there is to converse about.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:52 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,028,320 times
Aside from the venom, the attack on Governor Walker is weak sauce. Your defense of same, even weaker.
Quote:

Old 10-30-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure what conversation you want to have. Your post was basically about hating people & not understanding it. I don't like Walker so I'm not sure what exactly there is to converse about.
Sad bingo.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:12 PM

175 posts, read 254,563 times
Quote:
Lol, now that is funny if you're trying to equate Walker with ethics. Oxymoron.

Walker is VERY ethical. Burke is, well, read the latest news. If this Albers guy is wrong then she should sue him. I'm sure a president of a company is going to lie, right? He would be a fool. She is bad news all the way around and anyone that votes for her deserves her. yea.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:14 PM

175 posts, read 254,563 times
thefragile=die-hard democrat his own agenda. Selfishness at it's height. I say this because obviously Mary Burke is a very poor candidate for a governor yet you will vote for her just because she is a democrat!

Old 10-30-2014, 10:14 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,285,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kv7370 View Post
thefragile=die-hard democrat his own agenda. Selfishness at it's height. I say this because obviously Mary Burke is a very poor candidate for a governor yet you will vote for her just because she is a democrat!
Looks like you're trying too hard to keep convincing yourself that Scott Walker is a decent choice.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:36 PM

8,276 posts, read 23,000,932 times
A recent poll by St Norbert college showed that only 6% of people polled that are are going to vote for Burke are doing so because they believe she has great ideas, the other 60% surveyed are voting for Burke because she is not Walker.

It's clear that most democrats would vote for a ham sandwich if it were on the ballot against Walker. Also what is very common on that side is many voters are not informed on the issues and as long as they have a "D" in front of their name they are voting for them.

So far when I ask liberals why they are voting for Burke, I get answers like "anyone but Walker", or "I don't care as long as Walker doesn't win".

We might have the most unqualified person running for Governor in our states history, I don't know how you go from being fired from your two most important jobs and think you can run the state, especially after doing nothing for the last 7 years.

We see how incompetence has ruined the presidency, now we want to put in charge of the whole state someone who is even more unqualified than Obama.

BTW, I bet a million dollars that if Jim Doyle passed all the same exact reforms that Scott Walker did we would hear grass grow, it's similar to the anti-war crowd. I'll never forget the day one of my Bay View neighbors at the time had about 97 stop the war signs and the very next day after Obama won the signs were all down, he wasn't even sworn in yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin