Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 02:32 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,874,865 times

Advertisements

Combined with a deficency of vitamin D ( D3) drinking contaminated well water ,fish and fungal diseases, we consume way too much sodium nitrate nitrites found in hot dogs, brats, bacon most sausages ( keilbasa, pizza links, patties, jerky , all processed meat . It's the sum total that nails ya. Scientists in Austrailia and Texasare using a higher concentration of sodium nitrate in an effort to kill over a million feral pigs. So get to products like Applegate or uncured nitrate free. Unfortuately the only place here near Green Bay is Otto's Meats where all meats are nitrate free. We buy the chicken brats and sticks as we don't eat pork.

Last edited by openmike; 02-28-2015 at 02:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 03:10 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times

Old 02-28-2015, 05:36 PM

Lol great push back Drover! Unforunately she died at 37 the above is an artist rendering as to what she would look at when

Old 03-02-2015, 11:26 AM

Beer ,wine and alchohol in moderation is fine but are all micro toxins causing fungal cacinogens and I pick on Wisconsin because beer drinking is it's staple, culture and another answer.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:27 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Beer ,wine and alchohol in moderation is fine but are all micro toxins causing fungal cacinogens and I pick on Wisconsin because beer drinking is it's staple, culture and another answer.

I'll drink to that!

Old 04-05-2015, 09:22 PM

223 posts, read 391,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
You must be a blast to hang out with!

Old 04-05-2015, 09:34 PM

I'm so hip it scares me ..

Old 04-05-2015, 09:39 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,436,891 times
It's that Bucky Badger!

Old 04-06-2015, 05:30 PM

223 posts, read 391,508 times
You started out with promise, but you've since outed yourself as the most basic type of troll. Sad.

Either way, to address the few salient points you've made here, Wisconsin has a population that skews towards baby boomers who barely leave the state other than to go on tacky Florida vacations. (There's a reason this is the only place outside of Florida where Jimmy Buffett is still relevant.)

As much as I don't want to perpetuate the Milwaukee/Madison vs. Suburbs/Northwoods divide, it's relevant that this aging population pretty much dominates the culture outside of the two cities because everyone who goes to college either moves to Milwaukee or Madison, or leaves Wisconsin altogether. That has only made this population even more insular and sheltered. Even the older people in the smaller UW towns like Whitewater or Stevens Point hate college kids even though hosting a public university is the only reason their town has a self-sustaining economy. It's no wonder why politicians who attack the UW System are so popular with this crowd.

I'm oversimplifying a lot at this point, but you ought to be able to connect the dots between all of the other problems you named and having a population that generally skews older, lives in a bubble, and doesn't trust people with college degrees.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:53 PM

260 posts, read 218,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKEastsider View Post
You started out with promise, but you've since outed yourself as the most basic type of troll. Sad.

Either way, to address the few salient points you've made here, Wisconsin has a population that skews towards baby boomers who barely leave the state other than to go on tacky Florida vacations. (There's a reason this is the only place outside of Florida where Jimmy Buffett is still relevant.)

As much as I don't want to perpetuate the Milwaukee/Madison vs. Suburbs/Northwoods divide, it's relevant that this aging population pretty much dominates the culture outside of the two cities because everyone who goes to college either moves to Milwaukee or Madison, or leaves Wisconsin altogether. That has only made this population even more insular and sheltered. Even the older people in the smaller UW towns like Whitewater or Stevens Point hate college kids even though hosting a public university is the only reason their town has a self-sustaining economy. It's no wonder why politicians who attack the UW System are so popular with this crowd.

I'm oversimplifying a lot at this point, but you ought to be able to connect the dots between all of the other problems you named and having a population that generally skews older, lives in a bubble, and doesn't trust people with college degrees.

Yeah. That's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin