U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-14-2008, 04:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,611 times

Advertisements

Hey,

A few english lads are heading up to Green Bay this weekend to watch the play-off game (are we mad??). We keep hearing the packers fans are the best so we thought why the hell not as it sounds like the atmosphere will be amazing....plus I hear people in green bay like a good drink which is always good . We don't have tickets for the game but any good suggestions on where to watch???

We arrive on Sat so any ideas what we can do during the day / night??

cheers

also any views if I wear a giants top??....however I have been a fan of Green Bay all season.....great game against the seahawks last week!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 04:23 PM

316 posts, read 720,530 times
First if you don't have a hotel room you'll be pretty damn cold.

For places to go... Stadiumview. You'll be right in the festivities.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,611 times
cheers for that....

and yep we have a hotel room...good job as I hear it's pretty chilly up that way!! adds to the excitment I guess!!

Old 01-15-2008, 03:43 PM

current word is that the game will be pretty cold like single digits if not below zero. dress in layers and make sure your feet have solid winter "deep snow" boots on...

Old 01-16-2008, 03:22 AM

36,621 posts, read 57,924,947 times
If you're a self-respecting Englishman, it goes without saying that you like good beer. And not that diluted ditchwater most Americans think is good beer (Buttwiper, Swiller), but honest-to-God good beer. If that's the case, you'll want to go to C.ock & Bull Publick House (period inserted into "C.ock" to cirumvent silly auto-word-nanny). They have a good selection of imports and lots of good stuff from American craft breweries. Yes there really is such a thing, and there are several in Wisconsin.

Wearing a Giants jersey in a Green Bay pub next weekend could earn you anything from jeers to a fistfight, depending on how drunk/rowdy the crowd is. Unless you have enough numbers to back each other up, I would actually advise against it.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:05 AM

Spoken like a Chicagoan....... Wearing a Giants Jersey may get you pummeled in Chicago but not in Green Bay. The fans are way much better than the Chicago fans.

Aside from that - drink the "swill" cause if you go to **** & Bull - it's downtown away from all the action, you'll be way bored...and oh yeah .... have fun with the gay crowd....

Go have fun at Stadiumview....

Old 01-16-2008, 01:22 PM

36,621 posts, read 57,924,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amax41 View Post
Spoken like a Chicagoan....... Wearing a Giants Jersey may get you pummeled in Chicago but not in Green Bay. The fans are way much better than the Chicago fans.

Aside from that - drink the "swill" cause if you go to **** & Bull - it's downtown away from all the action, you'll be way bored...and oh yeah .... have fun with the gay crowd....

Go have fun at Stadiumview....
Spoken like a true Wisconsin homophobe. "Oh no -- you might have to be around a couple of gay guys! Run for the hills!" As for being bored... you expect the place to be empty during a Packers playoff game or something?

As for the fist-fight situation... I've watched it happen, though maybe the fact that it was a Vikings jersey was an aggravating factor. So no, Green Bay fans aren't any better than any other fans. Put a bunch of drunk guys together and get them in a tribal mood, and who knows what will happen. For someone who doesn't know the lay of the land and doesn't know which bars draw which type of crowd, agitating the locals may not be an awesome idea.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Spoken like a true Wisconsin homophobe. "Oh no -- you might have to be around a couple of gay guys! Run for the hills!" As for being bored... you expect the place to be empty during a Packers playoff game or something?

As for the fist-fight situation... I've watched it happen, though maybe the fact that it was a Vikings jersey was an aggravating factor. So no, Green Bay fans aren't any better than any other fans. Put a bunch of drunk guys together and get them in a tribal mood, and who knows what will happen. For someone who doesn't know the lay of the land and doesn't know which bars draw which type of crowd, agitating the locals may not be an awesome idea.
a tue FIB... and by the way I'm not actually a Wisconsinite...nor a homophobe...what I am though is someone who did grow up in Chicago, is NOT a Bear fan...and definitely believes that the worlds center for total losers is Chicago...especially Bears Fans.

Congrats - you qualify.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:55 PM

537 posts, read 1,350,894 times
We are going to meet my sister and her family and tailgate at Lambeau. Then while they go in to watch the game we will head over to either to the Bull or Title Town Brewing. We don't drink but they are great places to watch the game. After the game we will meet back up at Curly's inside the stadium.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:42 AM

375 posts, read 888,238 times
We are also going to Lambeau to tailgate. We were going to go to Eagle River and watch the snowmobile championships but that is an annual event. Our neighbors have a place in Door County so we are driving over with them tonight and then we will tailgate and find a good place to watch the game. We aren't Packer fans, yet, but it is so exciting and I want my kids to experience all things Wisconsin. And after being in such a historic place I think my kids will be bleeding green and gold. Of course, reading this board and the fact that everyone in WI hibernates we should be the only ones besides EKG tailgating.....Right?
My husband and daughter are leaving NH forever today. They are driving and so mad they are missing the fun. I have a feeling if the Packers make it to the Super Bowl there will still be lots of fans at the Stadium Feb 3rd so maybe they can join us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin