U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-15-2008, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 5,248 times

Advertisements

This is not ment to be a race flaming thread, im just curious to see wisconsins opinion on the matter.... I myself just moved from california to green bay, so im just wondering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 08:49 PM

1,587 posts, read 4,373,622 times
see quite a bit in Eau Claire area with the college and stuff and used to also when college was here in Ladysmith. Way I look at it skin color should not matter, it is all whats in the heart that matters and nobody else's business.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:16 AM

36,595 posts, read 57,867,463 times
To hear some people talk on this forum, interracial couples should expect to get chased all the way to Milwaukee by the Klan...

Old 01-16-2008, 09:24 AM

537 posts, read 1,350,131 times
Even in our small town there is interracial couples. I think times are changing and people are excepting. I know one couple is very prominent in our town. Of course there are still going to be people who don't approve. But you are also going to find that in the big cities too.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:40 PM

2,133 posts, read 4,053,659 times
Wisconsin is probably one of the more tolerant places for interracial dating in the US. It really isn't uncommon to see interracial couples there. In fact, a lot of kids in my neighborhood back in Milwaukee were biracial when I was growing up--and we're talking back in the 80s.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:26 PM

45 posts, read 117,392 times
Maybe I'm biased being from Wisconsin, but I think our attitude about life in general is very mellow, and whatever makes people happy, more power to them, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

I've never had any of my friends in that situation complain about people making comments to them or looking at them oddly, not once.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:01 AM

375 posts, read 887,746 times
I would agree that life is mellow here. In our small town and the surrounding areas I see interracial couples all the time. Our school system is small but it is not lily white. I would not want it to be that way. Diversity is part of life. When we lived out east we hosted a fresh air child from the inner city. We always spent time at our summer place here and brought the child with. Always well received. Out east they were look at with suspicion but we never had a problem in WI and we travelled quite a bit around the state.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:26 PM

22 posts, read 58,733 times
Interracial dating..hmm yea there seems to be alot of it in eau claire which is cool by me and its who cares what other people think. If you think thats hard trying being gay and interracial dating. yea, but who cares i dont care people think of me, but as previous posters have said wisconsin is a pretty tolerant place

Old 01-22-2008, 03:01 PM

409 posts, read 1,043,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls_ec77 View Post
Interracial dating..hmm yea there seems to be alot of it in eau claire which is cool by me and its who cares what other people think. If you think thats hard trying being gay and interracial dating. yea, but who cares i dont care people think of me, but as previous posters have said wisconsin is a pretty tolerant place
LOL....I am in the same boat buddy - Gay and Interracial dating. The difference is that I am in the Tampa Bay area and I have had no probs on either side of the fence here. I brought him back to my hometown Eau Claire and people were drooling over him. I think most people are ok with minorities and it seems a lot of people got excited to talk to him in Eau Claire, almost as if they are sick of their vast majority white city. Even in Eau Claire I had no problems. I think we both felt very accepted. Although I am sure that the general public had no idea that we were actually "together".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin