Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2008, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 7,607 times

Advertisements

My family and I are considering relocating from Michigan to the Oshkosh, Wi area. Our main focus in our search for where to live is the school districts. Which school districts are the best say, within 30 minutes of Oshkosh? Also, are there any nice golf clubs nearby? What would be the best neighborhoods to consider for families (we have a 3 and 6 year old)? We would like a neighborhood with lots of kids, that is what we are used to.
thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 09:59 PM

3 posts, read 11,413 times
I'm also relocating to WI, try these website. You might find the information you are looking for. Good luck!

WisMoms :: View Forum - Elementary
Oshkosh Northwestern

Old 05-04-2008, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,371 times
If you do move to Oshkosh, there are a few things to know. First of all, don't live anywhere near the college campus. If you do, you'll probably live near student housing. Student housing is usually fairly run down, and you're bound to see drunk college students walking home from the bars. As a matter of fact, you'll probably want to live on the opposite side of town. Supposedly there are some good neighborhoods over there. I've even met people who grew up there and they've been really nice. I have a feeling life is really different on the other side of town. From what I've heard, its is. I've only lived in Oshkosh as a student there for the past couple of years, so I only tend to see the not so great parts of the city. Another thing to consider is all the sex offenders in the Oshkosh area. The area tends to have a higher ratio of sex offenders than other parts of the state since Oshkosh is the home of the only sex offender program. Often sex offenders are sent there for treatment. Their families move there to be close to them. Then when the are released, they end up staying in the area. The sex offender ratio remains higher in this area, even compared to larger cities such as Milwaukee and Madison. You can look at the ratios here: [url=http://www.city-data.com/so/Wisconsin.html]Registered sex offenders in Wisconsin[/url]

Old 08-06-2008, 08:33 PM

20 posts, read 38,105 times
I moved to Berlin when my son was 7 and have been here ever since. He is graduating from HS next year. I am very pleased with the town and school system. Our HS is amazing. It has great teachers and is a state of the art facility. My son has told me more than once how sweet the tech eqipment is. We do pay higher taxes here, however, at least we have a great school system to show for it. Come take a look at Berlin and decide for yourself.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:12 PM

90 posts, read 328,334 times
Default Go north?

I work with someone who moved to Oshkosh from another state and wished they moved to Neenah or Appleton for the schools. They are in Traeger district. I also worked with someone who moved his kid to another middle school from Traeger because there was too much emphasis on sports in Traeger. I know some people who really like E. Cook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin