U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-08-2008, 06:58 AM

158 posts, read 395,993 times
Default Wisconsin poem

One of my New England relatives sent this to me and after giggling hysterically I had to share!

It's winter in Wisconsin
And the gentle breezes blow,
70 miles per hour at 52 below!
Oh, how I love Wisconsin
When the snow's up to your butt.
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose is frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
I guess I'll hang around.
I could never leave Wisconsin ,
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 07:47 AM

1,136 posts, read 2,223,453 times
LOL, cute!

But very true!

Old 02-08-2008, 11:22 AM

1,587 posts, read 4,083,226 times
Got to love Wisconsin.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 6,703 times
Red face Winter in Wisconsin

Hi, my name is Linda, and I live in WI. Sounds like an AA meeting, right? LOL
Anyhow, I am posting to confess that I am the author to this poem, Winter in Wisconsin! I sent it out to a few friends, and didn't sign it. Why should I, they know who I am, right? Posted it on my family website as well. NEVER thought it would get out to the World Wide Web as it has!
If you pass my poem on (and I hope you do!), if you could just put my name at the bottom of it, I sure would appreciate it!
Thanks and enjoy,
Linda M. Ziobro

Old 02-19-2008, 06:45 PM

158 posts, read 395,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by star152 View Post
Hi, my name is Linda, and I live in WI. Sounds like an AA meeting, right? LOL
Anyhow, I am posting to confess that I am the author to this poem, Winter in Wisconsin! I sent it out to a few friends, and didn't sign it. Why should I, they know who I am, right? Posted it on my family website as well. NEVER thought it would get out to the World Wide Web as it has!
If you pass my poem on (and I hope you do!), if you could just put my name at the bottom of it, I sure would appreciate it!
Thanks and enjoy,
Linda M. Ziobro
Very cute poem! I think that my cousin got it from someone... but WI was changed to MN. I don't know where she got it from, though. My mom passed it on to me. I don't usually do the email forwarding thing... so I posted it on the site!

Old 02-19-2008, 07:58 PM

537 posts, read 1,286,449 times
I have also seen that poem with different state names attached to it.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:11 PM

43 posts, read 73,414 times
Reminds me of a "Ya Grew Up in Rural Wisconsin if..."

1. You know how to polka, but never tried it sober.

2. You know what "knee-high by the Fourth of July" means.

3. You know it is traditional for the bride and groom to go bar hopping between the wedding and the reception.

4. You know the difference between "Green" and "Red" farm machinery, and would fight with your friends on the playground over which was better!

5. You buy Christmas presents at Farm & Fleet or Fleet Farm.

6. You spent more on beer and liquor than you did on food at your wedding.

7. You have ever tried to get your city cousins to pee on the electric fence.

8. You or someone you know was a "Bean", "4-H" or "Sugar" queen at the county fair.

9. You know that "combine" is a noun.

10. You let your older siblings talk you into putting your tongue on a steel post in the middle of winter.

11. You think Lutheran and Catholic are THE major religions.

12. You know that "creek" rhymes with "pick".

13. Football schedules, hunting season and harvest are all taken into consideration before wedding dates are set.

14. A Friday night date is getting a six-pack and taking your girlfriend shining for deer.

15. There was at least one kid in your class who had to help milk cows in the morning. Phew!

16. You have driven your car on a lake.

17. You can make sense of "upnort" and "batree".

18. At every wedding reception you have ever been to the "Hokey Pokey" and the "Chicken Dance" was played.

19. Your definition of a small town is one that has only one bar.

20. The local gas station sells live bait.

21. At least twice a year one part of your home doubles as a meat processing plant.

22. You think that the start of deer season is a national holiday.

23. "Pop" is the only name for soda.

24. You actually understand these jokes and will forward them to all of your friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin