Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2016, 08:01 AM

2 posts, read 1,263 times

Advertisements

Moving to the Ea Claire / LAX in western part of the state, trying to figure out internet service (TV too, but only if it's under 20$/mo and gives bundle discounts). Seems like the choice is between Charter & Century Link. I previously had cable internet with Comcast -- it worked OK, but they had a nasty tendency to up the rates on me out of the blue & took forever to process special offers. I was leaning towards charter, since I cannot get faster than 15mbs from century link, and for only 5$ more I get 30mbps from charter, and I get to keep my current modem (do not have to buy a new one or rent).

Then, I noticed there is an authorized retailer in the area called mediacom. Seems like they mostly offer charter services, but also offer a 50$ referral discount? Can anyone tell me more about mediacom? Do they offer any 'value added' in terms of service (both internet service & customer service) versus just going with charter? They also seem to have a refer-a-friend, where both the person getting the service & current service gets a 50$ rebate. PM if interested in doing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin